11.03.2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 3

Today I'm grateful to know that I am a "Daughter of a King."

Tonight we had our Young Women in Excellence, and our theme was "Daughter of a King." I gave a talk on the topic, and as I was preparing for it, it made me grateful to know that I really am a daughter of God, and he loves me. He loves me for who I am, and I need to learn to accept myself for who I am because, let's face it. I pretty much rock!

Our YWIE turned out really well though. After my talk, we had the girls present their projects that they've been working on, and then we called all the girls up on stage and gave them a sash that said "Daughter of a King" and had our bishop go to each of them and "crown them" and give them a rose. It was awesome. We had some background music playing and it was a really neat experience. I hope it was for the girls as well. I hope they all know that they are Daughters of a King!


And PS....so are you! :D

1 comment

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

love that you are doing 30 days of gratitude. it helps to remind us of how blessed we really are. by the way I've always loved your lips. (weird) but to explain....davies lips are paper thin and i've always wanted bigger lips (weird again) but it's true and I';ve always felt like yours are just right. anyway....keep up the gratitude it makes my heart happy!!!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall