August is almost over. I don't know how that happened. I feel lik this year, once again, has just flown by! Here another boring update on my life in August.
I've been thinking about my diet quite a bit lately. Of course, it doesn't help that I have had 2 different people tell me I should try the AIP diet (or Paleo). I've done some research on what it is, not necessarily how effective it is, or how proven it is, but my findings all come down to the same result...I don't think I could cut all those foods out of my diet. I mean, who does that? It seems strange. I have my own opinions on "healthy diet", but I'll save that for a different day. All I'm saying is that when I'm at the grocery store and I walk past the Cheese Whiz, I am probably going to buy it.
I'm sure I've probably mentioned this, but a few years ago we had a co-worker named Lee. He was our mortgage officer, and he was awesome. He would come back and talk to us quite a bit, and he would always bring us chips and salsa from El Sol. Well, even though Lee is no longer at the CU (sad days!) we still enjoy chips and salsa...pretty much every week. It's a good snack break. If only we could have it "on tap".
Football season is upon us! YAY!! Let's just not talk about how Tony is injured for another 10 weeks already!
- I don't really smile like this. Only when I don't really want to talk to someone and I'm trying to be polite.
- Greg is leaving for a few days in September...I think I'm going to paint/de-junk my house. Helpers? Also, legit question, anyone know of someone who remodels bathrooms? Looking to get a quote for both bathroom tubs/shower areas. (I still have a hole in my bedroom wall from when greg fixed the front bathroom.)
- Work party tomorrow. #sofun #becauseidontseethempeopleenough Oooh....had a dream last night I was dating @louist91, and I was BFFs with @harrystyles. It was a fun dream.
- Crappy Sleep = massive headaches = angry at the world
- Thank you Instagram stories for making me so glad I never downloaded snapchat. #hater #picturesdonttalk #pleasegetridofit
- I need at least 7 years vacation. At least!
Just some random July happenings. We went to Morty's one Saturday to get burgers. It's always fun to go out with this guy, even if we get the food to go and end up back home/
I have been wanting to get a kitchen island to replace our big table. I figured we could just buy one, but they are a bit expensive, so Greg took it upon himself to make one himself. Not going to lie, when he told me he needed some 2x4's, I was a bit nervous to see what he was going to come up with, but it's turning out really nice so far, and he has put a lot of work into it.
Just some random pictures of the two of us. He loves when I take pictures, so I have to pretend that I'm not....
I convinced Greg to go with me when I got my hair done last. We had a great time with my favorite hairstylist, Tami. She did her best to convince him to get us a house, but was not successful. She sure tried though!
National Ice Cream Day happened. Ice cream just iscny as awesome as it once was, but I still do love it.
Greg's favorite store is going out of business. We've got until the end of October to enjoy it's presence.
We had some excitement a few weeks ago at work. I head to lunch, and as I look out the window, I see about 3 cop cars. I thought that maybe one of our baits had tripped, and they were there to see what was going on. So I go let my manager know. She goes out and comes in a little later telling us all to just stay inside, and that they had a potentially armed, suicidal man over at the bus stop in front of Wal-Mart. We didn't really think anything of it, until all of a sudden we hear, "Shots fired, shots fired" and all the police that were in front of the credit union run past the windows over towards the bus stop. That, of course, got our attention, so we went into our manager's office where we actually had a pretty good view of what was going on. They had blocked off all of main street, the roads coming out of Wal-Mart, so needless to say, no one was coming in the branch. We didn't see what happened initially, just that the perp (I get to call him that, right?) was on the ground, and the officers were moving in. A short time later an ambulance pulled up and they took the guy away. They had things blocked off for a good two hours. It was seriously crazy, intense, and I'm sure we looked nuts all gathered at the window to see what was happening. Then, of course we had people asking us all day what happened. It was crazy, is all I can say about it. According to the news, that took forever to break the story, the man was from Preston, and was looking for "suicide by cop". Needless to say, he ended up shooting himself in the head, but survived. (Well, at least the last I had heard.) I was very impressed with how the cops handled the situation though. It could have been a lot worse, I'm sure. First a bomb threat (from a few years ago), and then this shooting. Crazy times for sure!
Muah...hahahahaha....I've been planning this for at least 3 weeks and got an opportunity to do it. I was on his computer helping him with something, then he turned away for a minute and I got this done. My profile says, "I am Steve's favorite co-worker."
- Part-time is AWESOME! Time actually goes by fast, and it's just grand.
- I feel as though I should host a "How Not to be Scammed" webinar. Who's in?
- I tried making a deal with a co-worker at a different branch where I would call an angry member for them for $50. He wouldn't go for it. #tellerlife