9.05.2008

Miss "B" and Miss "K"

So believe it or not, I spend a LOT of time with these two. Well, not a lot, but about 2 hours a day about 3-5 days a week. (They're Lacey's kids! :) (Oh, Lacey is the head volleyball coach, and she's pretty awesome..) Anywho...We spent about an hour at this sweet little park in Smithfield, and got some really cute shots. "B" wasn't too thrilled about the whole picture taking business (she's the younger one) but "K" was all for it. I hadn't realized how hard it is to shoot kids! Seriously. Lol, it was a fun adventure, and I can't wait to do their family pics!! Hold tight. I will probably be posting more later!


**Edited to add: I tried a new focusing technique called back button focus. I was really nervous to try it, but I think I totally love it! Ya know how when you push the button to take the picture and the camera automatically focuses it? Well, with back button focus (I think that's what it's called anyway...lol) you have to focus pushing a different button. so you push the picture taking button (can't think of what it's called :) and a different button to focus.

6 comments

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

okay im not going to lie.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! You should play around with some texture so we can see what else you can do. This picture to me could look good with anything. When I see this pic I think of old photographs.

great job. seriously. kids are fun to photograph because they make you work ten times harder for that one shot. Which makes it that much SWEETER

Gayle said...

I have a very serious question. Just kidding.. I can not find in my cheat book about the textures. I know where to find them on photoshop, but how do I make just the background the texture and not the person ? I this is to detailed for email gdavies1961@hotmail.com just email me your phone number and I will call you when I get back home tonight. Thanks, Gayle

Stephanie Kay said...

Cute picture! They are very cute kids. Speaking of kids...when are you going to start taking pics of your own kids? :) Don't you love being asked that?

Schwab Family said...

Bre you took such good. pictures!!! i am really going to make a trip down there one of these days so that you can take some of dayton for me. i love them!!! you are so so so talented. it is awesome!!!

Shari Davis said...

Ummm, about your comment about why you don't come out here and living on a single income. Yeah, do you think we're just rolling in dough?!?!? We live on a single income too, but somehow I manage to come out there atleast once every 6 months. So, really good try with the excuse, but I'm not buying. Mom bought a ticket for $175 rt! They're out there AND they are affordable, even for you darling sister!!!!! Please, give me your best shot or best excuse. Maybe instead of buying all those video games, you could save it up for a ticket!!?!!?!?!?! j/k You know I love ya! We would love it if you came out here!!!!

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

dude it has been like a week. i don't think you blog too much. i need someone else's blog to read. i like knowing what's going on in your life.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall