9.21.2008

Star Valley Tournament

So, this last weekend my volleyball team had a tournament up in Star Valley. It was a really good tournament for the girls, and I think they had a lot of fun. The first day we played Idaho Falls, Evanston, and Mt. Crest (a local high school in Cache Valley). Mt. Crest, Sky View, and Logan all love playing each other, so the girls were really excited to be playing Mt. Crest, since we didn't schedule any games with them. Our JV...mmm...I don't even know what to say about their game. I think they were all high or something...because they were going nuts...We did win...lol, and it was a really fun game, but we got a lot of weird looks from the fans...Varsity also won, so they were pretty excited about that. It was the first time in a while that they had won. JV lost to a SV jv team, but played REALLY well (for having just stuffed their faces with dinner) and beat Evanston JV. Varsity, however, lost both. It was pretty disappointing, but it is just a tournament, and it was good to be able to play a lot of games.

After a LATE night of some girls staying up until 3:45 AM (ahem, MICHELLE AND HEIDI!!) they were all awake when we played at 8:00 the next morning...We won another Mt. Crest JV team, then headed back to the motel to check out. While we thought our next game was going to start at 11, it didn't start until 12:30, so we were there for a long time. We played Grace, and JV did really well. Grace's varsity team is little, but really scrappy. They went after EVERYTHING and, in the words of referee Mark Taylor (I think that's his name, right?), reminded him of a "Cokeville team." (He also first called me the Cokeville snob, and after that called me the Cokeville Queen...the big jerk! :) haha...jk). But they totally were scrappy, and it was fun to play them. Varsity ended up losing. Then we had to WAIT for a varsity game to go (They told us we were playing back to back). And when we they called for captains after the next game, and AFTER we had already called heads for the serve, they said we were going to have to WAIT another game....ooooh, I was so mad. We had already been pushed back a lot already, and after only about 4.5 hours of sleep, I was so ready to just play the last game. This is embarrassing, but I kinda started crying. lol, I was SO FRUSTRATED having been waiting all day to play our "back-to-back games that were starting at 11" and I know the girls were dead and wanting to just play as well... Well, our head coach talked to them, and they were nice enough to let us just play...lol, good thing I can cry on demand, huh? :) Lol, oh well, we played Star Valley for the last game, and JV played so well. We totally won. WOO HOO!!! That's the first time in a while that I had ever beaten SV. Ha...Varsity also won, so it was a good day. It was a really good tournament, and I was so proud of the girls. I love these girls to death, and despite all the drama and headaches (haha...) It's been so fun coaching them..

Here are a few pics of the weekend...

Michelle & Heidi...lol...these are the ones that stayed up FOREVER..oh, and on the way to SV after leaving at 6:00 a.m....these two talked the ENTIRE WAY, and I couldn't sleep...grrr...but I still love them to death! :)

Dylan, Tess, Whitney and Sarah

Whitney...she's such a cute girl

Lauren, Krista, and Mariah...more fun girls!


I stayed in SV with Greg who had driven up for the weekend, so I was able to spend a LITTLE time with family. It's always good to see them. I also got my hair done....it's short, probably between the shortest and the medium length. I really like it. I also dyed it. It's kind of a subtle change, but I like it. Maybe I'll have my mom take some pics of me this weekend so you can see it..

OHHH......Just FYI, those announcements in my last post are WAY cute, but I can't take ANY credit for them...the first one comes from www.inababycarriage.com and the second one comes from www.pixelpatchwork.blogspot.com. Still super cute though...

2 comments

Shari Davis said...

You're a dork! the longer the babies are in me, the better chance they have of being healthy. With twins, it's more likely that they'll be born early. If I take care of myself it won't be any time soon. They'll only schedule a C-section if the babies don't turn with their head down. Otherwise I'll have them naturally. Twins are considered full-term at 36 weeks. So IF I have to schedule a C-section, it would be around then. Any more questions???????? You nerd! Love ya!

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

i'm going to cokeville but buck's not

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall