4.18.2009

What to do...

Alright, so does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me. When I take a picture (of nature especially) when I go to edit it, I don't know what to do. This is the problem. The picture straight out of the camera has a certain feel to it. The sky, the colors, it just sets a mood. But I know that it's not perfect so I want to edit it. However when I edit it, it seems to lose that mood. Does that make sense?! So even if the edited picture LOOKS better, it loses that feel...and I don't know what to do...Take this picture for instance.

This first one is straight from the camera. I love the mood of this pic. It was dark and cloudy...and I just love it!
#1.
#2. This looks a little better, right? However it did lose some of that dark, moody feel...
#3.
#4.
#5. This one reminds me of a painting...or something..lol..
So, you tell me...do you understand my random babblings...Do you ever experience this problem, or am I just weird?! If I could, I would print each of those and put them all over my house....but I won't. In fact I probably won't print any at all..

Which one do you like? Any suggestions on how to edit? Just want to say hi? Please do...thanks all! :)

8 comments

Stephanie Kay said...

I like 4 the most. But I have no idea how to fix something like that. So sorry, I'm no help. :)

Stephanie Kay said...

Whoops..I wrote the wrong one. It was actually 3 I liked the most.

Angie said...

I like the original and #3. I agree with you about the feel of the photo.
Nice shot.

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

#5 looks pretty cool. It does look like a painting with the bright colors and all.

Ashlie said...

Cool picture Bre. I would say if you want to keep the mood, keep the clouds. ;) That's my 2 cents.

mel said...

If I have to pick a random one I would pick number 3. I think it keeps the MOOD you're speaking about. I don't know how to do anything with a picture. But, if you ever want to teach me I would be willing to learn.!

Cordie said...

I like #4 and #5 and I have no advice sorry, still learning myself :)

Lauren said...

i think #5 is the best. YOu know i've never done this but I saw it on the internet once...and im going to not say this right....he took 3 pictures of the same scene...same focus, except he modified the lighting somehow, and then layered them so that you got the best lighting and shadowing. make sense. i wish i would have saved the web page i saw it on...cause i wanted to try it out.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall