I get really frustrated with people when all they do is complain. Now I, by no means, am perfect, and I do complain a lot, but I do try to keep it between my husband and I (lucky him! lol). But when I do start to complain to others, I just have to think about those people who complain about everything, and I remember that I do NOT want to be "one of those people." Life is tough, we all have to deal with our own circumstances, but remember...we ALL have to deal with our own circumstances. Keep a positive attitude!
It does make me very grateful for those who DON'T complain! ;)
I have always been a big reader. It doesn't really matter what it is. I can read just about anything, but like I've mentioned in previous posts, my favorites are still "Young Adult" books. I have quite a few of that style of books, and I've read just about all of them at least once...a lot of them twice or more. I love finding a good series, and hate when I get a bad one, mostly because if the first one is pretty bad, I usually can't stop reading it still. There are very few that i haven't wanted to get the next book of.
Some recent faves are:
This one is a series, and I can't wait to get the next one. It kind of scares me (not gonna lie)...It's about a girl who sees ghosts, and if you know me, I'm a total freak about stuff like that. I have major fears about this type of stuff...lol...but it was very interesting, and I look forward to the next ones...
And of course my ALL TIME FAVORITE...
Vampire Academy Series
I started this series when I was visiting Shari in Georgia. She had it, and let me borrow the series, and I am HOOKED! Holy moly, I have read them AT LEAST 4 times since March (there are 5) Soon to be 6.....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!! I'm super excited....
but I love books, and I"m always up for any good suggestions! :D
Nothing beats putting on my fuzzy sock, pants and wrapping up in a warm fuzzy blanket. I always have to have a blanket with me. Even in the summer...I love my blankets! They get some pretty good use, probably too much sometimes.
I had a favorite blanket in HS. I got it for Christmas when I was..mmm...maybe 10? It had teddy bears on it, and I took it EVERYWHERE...sleepovers, camping, ball trips. I always had to have my blanket with me. I still have it. It's still in pretty good shape. Maybe it isn't as soft as it once was, but It's still in one piece.
I also recently purchased a pair of super soft, fuzzy pajama pants. Yeah, they're my new favorite. If they weren't BRIGHT purple, pink, green and blue striped, I'd probably where them everywhere. It's nice to come home from work, wearing a skirt, or dress pants, and jumping into my cozy pants, and slipping on a pair of my fuzzy socks. So comforting! What would I do with out fuzzy!?
I almost always had short hair when I was growing up, (I think I was in 5th grade when I had my shortest...mushroom shaped haircut. and yes, I realize that it was totally ugly, but at the time it wasn't!) go ahead, laugh!
Then my junior year I decided to keep my hair long. And it got REALLY long. probably about to the middle of my back. (for those who know me now, it was even longer than this) I loved it! I dyed it a chocolate brown that was so pretty, then I chopped it to above my shoulders...then it just kept getting shorter from there...
I think I'm really lucky to be able to pull of both long and short cuts. (as well as different colors, which trust me, I tried! Brown, blonde, black, purple, red, etc... ;) And even though everyone told me my hair would fall out if I kept dying it, it's healthy (and THICK) as ever, and I am grateful for it. It's not too thick that it's unmanageable (most days), and I am able to style it how I want. So even though sometimes I get annoyed with the split ends, I am grateful that I do have hair, and that it's healthy!
Anyway...I love all of Katy Perry's hits - Hot 'n' Cold, Waking up in Vegas, Teenage Dream, etc. etc.
Everytime I hear her songs, I can't help but bust out in song and sing along. Her music makes me happy, and even though, like I said, she is kind of strange, I'm grateful for her music!
And because today is Veteran's day, I'm grateful for the many men and woman who serve our country. Who risk their lives for the freedoms that we enjoy everyday. I have many family members and friends who have served, and I am so grateful for each of you....
What an amazing brother, husband (to my sis, of course), father (to my adorable niece and nephews...as if that needed explaining). He has been serving in the military for at least the past 6 years (pretty sure it was before he and Shari got married). He recently spent some time over in Afghanistan, and while it was a long 6 months (probably longer for Shari), I'm grateful for the time he has spent serving our country. I am proud to call him my brother.
And for your enjoyment....If you have EVER been a Teller...you will find that all of these are SO TRUE! lol..(really people, you'd be surprised!) So, next time you go in the bank...please be nice to your teller. Chances are he/she really DOES know what he/she is doing!
50 Things I have learned by being a bank teller
1. I know everyone in the world, so I never need to ask for ID.
2. 'I'll be with you in one moment,' means 'Come right up here into my business and breathe your popcorn breath in my face for a while.'
3. Every bank in the world steals money from its customers, particularly the ones that don't keep a register.
4. I'm always kidding when I tell people a check is not any good. I'm a good kidder.
5. I know the balance of every account at the bank.
6. I am at the bank just because I feel like it; my window isn't actually open when I say, 'May I help you?'
7. I know everyone's account number.
8. I know everyone's address.
9. I don't understand how banking works..
10. I have to do whatever the person who gave my customer the check said.
11. I don't know how to count.
12. I don't know how to add.
13. I don't know what the date is.
14. I can read everyone's mind.
15. If I ask for your social, Im trying to steal your identity.
16. I know when every new coin will be arriving.
17. I know how much everyones bills are for the month.
18. We dont sell stamps.
19. We are just here for fun on most holidays, were not really open. We love when you rub it in.
20. When someone asks how you want your cash back, you are supposed to tell them after you get your money back.
21. Apparently people have different definitions of commercial.
22. Your time is more important than mine. I have no life. When you show up 5 minutes before we close to make 10 deposits or open a new account, we dont mind.
23. Everyone with the Bank name tag is related.
24. I am also your secretary.
25. We love to place holds on your checks for fun, we are the only bank that does it.
26. 13 hours and 10 minutes is not enough time for people to do their business.
27. I am in charge of the never ending popcorn, smarties, and coffee.
28. It is polite to ignore someone when they say hello.
29. It is my fault when someone cuts you in line. I should have been paying attention to you and not your money.
30. I know what a checkingdepositwithdrawal for savings is.
31. Being rude should make me want to help you more.
32. I am not really human, I should not make mistakes.
33. It is okay to go into someones office when their door is shut.
34. I have a secret collection of licenses in my cubby.
35. I cant hear. I need you to ding the bell 5 times in a row.
36. The sign that says Next Window Please is just for decoration.
37. I make people wait on purpose, its fun to make them mad.
38. I know everyones pin number to their ATM card.
38. Fraud isnt real, I should give customers exactly what they want.
39. The coin machine is my favorite thing to do.
40. The bank gives out free poinsettias at Christmas, we order them for you, not the bank. Display only means whatever you want it to mean.
41. Please and Thank You are forbidden words at the bank. We hate to hear them.
42. Checking and Savings deposit slips are EXACTLY the same, we just like the color pink and wanted to make them more colorful. Marking through the word savings changes the deposit slip completely!
43. When I tell someone the same thing over and over, Im just doing it for fun. I like to waste my breath.
44. We will break the rules for anybody as long as you gripe for more than 10 minutes.
45. I am a professional coin counter. Even when the machine is broken, I will count the coin for you by hand!
46. I am psychic; when you call I can recognize your voice and pull up your information. My computer is voice activated. Its that fancy technology we have.
47. You dont have to tell me that youve been with the bank for 50 years… I can tell.
48. Even after 5 years, I am a new teller to anyone who has never seen me before. If Ive never met you, I have no idea what Im doing.
49. I make the rules for the banking industry. You can blame everything on me!
50. I'm an idiot.
The only time she ever really made it was around Christmas time. Which is fine, I suppose since it made it all the more enjoyable. But I was able to make some the other day, and boy oh boy is it delish! If you are my friend, maybe I will make some for you for Christmas, unless, of course...you don't like crab...then I guess you're out of luck!
I'm grateful that I was able to pig out on this today for "lunch." Super deelish!
(this isn't really it. there aren't huge chunks in it like that...lol, just needed a picture!)
And if you wanted the recipe, here ya goes!
2 - 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 jar cheddar cheese spread
1 1/2 lbs imitation crab
1/2 t accent
1/4 t garlic
1 t lemon juice
1 t. lemon herb
Mix them all together & refrigerate.
I eat them with Ritz, but you can use it with whatever you'd like!
(so you don't get a huge jar of cheese spread...this is what I use, just not that flavor. just wanted to clarify since that ingredient wasn't very specific!)
Tonight we had our Young Women in Excellence, and our theme was "Daughter of a King." I gave a talk on the topic, and as I was preparing for it, it made me grateful to know that I really am a daughter of God, and he loves me. He loves me for who I am, and I need to learn to accept myself for who I am because, let's face it. I pretty much rock!
Our YWIE turned out really well though. After my talk, we had the girls present their projects that they've been working on, and then we called all the girls up on stage and gave them a sash that said "Daughter of a King" and had our bishop go to each of them and "crown them" and give them a rose. It was awesome. We had some background music playing and it was a really neat experience. I hope it was for the girls as well. I hope they all know that they are Daughters of a King!
And PS....so are you! :D
but after many years of my sisters making fun of me and telling me I had HUGE lips, I've decided today that I am actually very grateful for my "voluptuous lips".
I was looking at pictures I took of myself, and recalling a Rachael Ray episode where I learned how to tell if someone has had lip injections....
Your bottom lip should be 1.5x bigger than your top lip.
When I heard this, I got a little self conscious and started looking at my lips to make sure they didn't look fake. Well, everytime I looked I felt like my top lip was just as big as my bottom lip, but after looking at these pictures, I realized that it isn't entirely true. (haha...sorry, just thought I'd share!)
But I really do love my lips, and I am grateful that they are "HUGE"! (enjoy this random picture of myself! I was trying to get my hair in it...but it didn't work so well....)
What are you grateful for?!?