7.27.2008

New Calling...

So...I got a new calling, and I am SO excited for it! For the past 7 months I have been the relief society and ward chorister..You know, the person who stands up in front of everyone and leads music. Let's just say that wasn't my most favorite calling in the world, but I did it..(Okay, it wasn't horrible, I just hate singing in front of people!) But...anyway..last week after church Greg and I went to the clerk's office (he's the ward clerk) where the phone was ringing. He answered it, then when he went to go get the person it was for, he told me to hold the door. Not thinking anything of it, I did. (The door didn't stay open by itself...) So I'm holding it, and the bishopric gets there, and Greg comes back and we're just hanging out. i walk out, getting read to leave, and the 1st counselor comes up and says, "are you waiting to meet with Bishop?" I say, "No, I don't think so." And he says, "well, we need to talk to you, so come on in." I didn't really know why he wanted to talk to me. I thought it was just about the music and stuff because i was supposed to be getting new organists and musical numbers and such...but no, it was a new calling, and I am now the Young Women's 1st Counselor, and I am SOOOO EXCITED! I don't really know much of the youth in our ward, so it'll be fun getting to know them, and to be in young womens again...I am excited. i just hope I do a good job! The leaders I have to work with, as far as I know, are all fun people, so it should be alright...My first activity is on Saturday, and we're going boating (which I've never done before) so that should be pretty fun! Anyway, just wanted to share my good news with everyone...

oh...and here is a video that is SO FUNNY. i had to post it! Greg and I watched it the other night, and it was hilarious! It's from MadTV....funny funny, enjoy if you feel like watching it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IfdtjMdqhpg

6 comments

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

WOW!! 1st Counselor in Young women's!! You aren't much older than the girls themselves. How fun is that though. I'm so happy for you!! Should be a lot of fun!! That is my most favorite calling in the whole world but what a huge responsibility to be the kind of example the Lord needs you to be for these young girls. They really need some good role models in this world and I know you can do that!! I'm so HAPPY for you.

Gayle said...

You will be great.. The girls needs someone young and fun. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing in YW. There must be something for me to learn. I love it though. And your Mom is right if you are not busy now, you will be. Good luck and congrats.

Lindsay said...

That's awesome about your new calling Bre! That will be so much fun! And that video you posted was pretty funny! Well have fun with your new calling! It will be a blast! And you will be great at it!

Unknown said...

MY favorite MADtv skit is STUART!

Shari Davis said...

That's awesome! HOw fun is that! I keep thinking that maybe they'll release me from being the ward music chairman (especially having twins and all), but probably not. I would love to be in the Young Women's! How fun!! You'll do great!! Miss you and love you!

Stephanie Kay said...

you are so brave. I would be freaking out if I got a calling like that. I thought being on the Enrichment com. was bad enough having to plan Enrichment nights every month! I can't even imagine your new calling...so good luck! I bet you will be great at it and it is great you are excited about it, good for you! Oh and we should totally plan a scrapbooking night. Tell me when is good for you. :) It would be fun.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall