7.24.2008

Scrapbooking...

So, remember the good ol' days when scrapbooking was the BIG THING!? Okay, so maybe it still is, just not for me! However, as I sat on my computer today, bored out of my mind, I decided that I wanted to start scrapbooking again. I have TONS of paper and stickers and all the fun scrapbooking things, so why not do it? Then....I realized that it is SO MUCH WORK! I would have to take everything out of their containers, which are strategically hidden under this desk. Second, I don't really have a place to scrapbook. The kitchen is a mess, so I can't do it on a table, and when I do it on the floor, there is no room to walk through the living room, and I don't have a spare room I can take over and throw all my supplies in. (Can't wait to someday have a bigger house and a real office...lol) So, I'm sure many of you can see my dilemma, right? So then, I started thinking about digital scrapbooking. Now there is an idea. Considering ALL my pictures on on CD's and it's too big of a pain to get them developed. (Either too big of a pain, or I'm just too lazy to do it...) But then there's the whole searching the internet for the right papers/kits/etc to go with my pictures, and lets be honest, who really has the time. Okay, so I do, but here's my next problem. I search these sites all day long and find about a MILLION kits that I like, and have downloaded. Then I have to go through each one so i can remember what they are. It's just a pain. So here I am stuck...I don't know whether I should do it old school, since I have a ton of supplies still, or become a digital scrapbooker...What do I do with all that old paper? I have a LOT of it..and i don't want it to go to waste....hmm...alright, so pretty much I just needed to blog about something, and that was on my mind...Any suggestions, let me know! Lol..Does anyone still scrapbook out there? Really...I want to know!

3 comments

Stephanie Kay said...

I still scrapbook!! :) Occasionally that is. I don't have a lot of time in the world, but I try to do it about once every two months or so. Luckily I have room in my living room, so I just throw it all out in the floor and do it there, or sometimes on my kitchen table. It's nice in the living room though cuz then I can watch a movie while I do it. I enjoy it. :) I've heard digital scrapbooking is way fun and easy too though..

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Bre, check our blurb.com and see what you think. Kylee had it posted on her blog awhile ago and I have actually used it. It is somewhat like digital scarpbooking except you don't have as many choises which for me is okay. I am not that creative anyway but you can either do a scrapbook and upload you images and drag them to the page you want. It has different tyes of photo layout and text layouts. I used my blog and did a blog book. It will upload you entire blog and you choose what style of book you want ex. portrait landscape square. anyway it takes all you text and pictures and puts them on pages and you can edit them however you want. Change fonts color size choose how you want your photos. It is very neat. I am actually ready to have mine printed. I loved it. Anyway sorry so long.

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

oh i hear you on the scrapbooking thing. i have a ton of paper and stuff still too. my problem is that you can hardly find any 81/2 by 11 anymore. it's all the 12 by 12. since i got married all my pictures are digital too. i think i'll get into the digital scene too.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall