7.02.2008

Pics from our Volleyball Trip

Alright...here they are! I told you there were a lot. Click on them to see them larger...

We decided to make our own "jerseys" so we bought black shirts and bright colored puff paints. Each girl made their own, and I think they all had fun doing it. They are all so creative, and so different. It was fun to see what they came up with. The last night we got some red shirts and used the yellow paint to draw numbers. They called them their "McDonalds" shirts, but they really turned out nice. Sorry, I didn't get pics of them playing or of  the red shirts...but here they are in the motel making their shirts...

Since we had a lot of extra time (we were done by 2 each day...) We decided to take the girls and do something fun. We kept it a surprise, but gave them a few hints at a time. We told them it had to do with heights and was close to an airport. They came up with a lot of random ideas, but decided we were taking them sky diving...to make it better, we got a little lost and did end up at the airport. Haha...but..we didn't go sky diving. instead we took them to a ropes course in Provo. It was so much fun. We didn't get to do many of the activities, but it was still a lot of fun. It would be a great place to go for family reunions, if anyone is planning one...Anyway...The first thing we did were some team building activities. I don't really want to explain it...so use your imagination to figure these first ones out! :)
The funny thing about these next pics is these two girls are BEST FRIENDS...haha...fun fun...

This activity was a  good one...It took forever, but it was a good one. They had about 6 stumps in the ground and 3 boards. The boards fit into slots in the logs, and they girls had to get EVERYONE across...The trick was not all the boards fit, so they had to figure out which ones did, and there was NO TALKING...lol, that was hard for our girls..but it was a good one for them...There were a lot of funny moments...and for those of you who know about the drama we had...i find the second picture VERY IRONIC! :)

This one I HATED! One person would climb up the tree to a little platform, then jump out to a ring while the rest of the team caught them...Though we were all scared, we all did it. I was the worst though...I told them I wouldn't do it...but they were super nice and kept encouraging me. I did end up doing it...I shook the entire way up the tree. and I wouldn't jump...I just walked off the edge with my eyes closed...I bawled like a baby...haha...but when I got down, the girls were right there to pat me on the back and tell me how proud of me they were...It was a great experience...though I'd probly never do it again!

Here are the steps...Heidi and I (pics 4&5) shows what most of us really felt...Pic 6 is of Felicia, who has been helping us with summer training. We all had to say a goal when we got up there...hers was to finish nursing school (I believe...) lol...She's one of the nicest people, so I wish her the best of luck!

This last one was fun...scary, but more fun than the last one...It's just a swing...Everyone pulled one person to the top, and once you got to the top, you let go and you go swinging...like the one at lagoon, only smaller...about 43 feet I think...It was fun though...

This is me...haha...I couldn't move when I was swinging...I like this picture though...good job to whoever took it!

Rakelle and Heidi...two of our juniors...I love them both to death!

Heidi again...I love this pic of her

Here's Mariah...Love her too...She was one that kept encouraging me to do the one. She was gonna let me go in front of her to make sure I did it...but I told her she had to first cuz we were running out of time and I wanted all the girls to do it...haha, but it didn't work. I still had to do it, but she's a sweetheart...


Here's the team that went! We had so much fun. and this experience really helped us a team. I love these girls to death...and I'm excited to be coaching them...

Back: Michelle, Whitney, Mariah
Front: Rakelle, Heidi, Dylan, Krista, Lauren




6 comments

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Team camps are always fun.

Lindsay said...

Yay! Pics of your camp! Looks like you guys had a blast! I so miss the good old days of team camps...UVSC and the Cokeville team camps! Good times! Fun pics!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun.. I wish I kept up with my volleyball... girls are funny huh.. Trisha is 14 and there is ALWAYS something so DRAMATIC going on, or the latest.. "who hates who right now".. we were NEVER like that right!?

P.S. That top picture #12.. does her shirt say "Hoffimo Ho"???!

Lindsay said...

BRE! I totally almost forgot to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great day! :-) You are just an old fart now! haha jk

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Love the pics Bre! Looks like you had a lot of fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY again. Love and miss ya like crazy! MOM

Stephanie Kay said...

cute pics! looks like you had a great time! i miss volleyball camps and stuff like that...it was really good times.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall