11.14.2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 14

I'm grateful for humbling experiences like my one today.

I am good at playing the piano. I can honestly say that I believe that. I have a talent, and I am grateful for this talent, but every now and then the Lord thinks he needs to keep those of us with these talents humble.

I was accompanying the Young Women in sacrament meeting today, and one of my BIGGEST fears when accompanying people is that my music will fall of the piano, or I won't be able to change pages fast enough....well...My biggest fear came true today. The song they were singing is like 8 pages long, so I had my sheet music stacked the way I needed it, and I had practiced doing it this way a million times, so I wouldn't have to have anyone change my music for me. Well...something went wrong and I took down the wrong pages, and so when the time came for the big key change.....yeah, I didn't have the right pages. I had to stop completely while I found the right page, and we were able to end the song pretty well. Ugh! I think I totally psyched myself out! Such a frustrating thing for sure...lol, but this made be grateful for these humbling experiences...Even those who have better talens than I do in certain areas can make mistakes! ;)

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall