11.15.2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 15

I am grateful for my HEALTHY hair. (totally vain post ahead....I'm sorry, but I am grateful for this!)

I almost always had short hair when I was growing up, (I think I was in 5th grade when I had my shortest...mushroom shaped haircut. and yes, I realize that it was totally ugly, but at the time it wasn't!) go ahead, laugh!
Then my junior year I decided to keep my hair long. And it got REALLY long. probably about to the middle of my back. (for those who know me now, it was even longer than this) I loved it! I dyed it a chocolate brown that was so pretty, then I chopped it to above my shoulders...then it just kept getting shorter from there...
I think I'm really lucky to be able to pull of both long and short cuts. (as well as different colors, which trust me, I tried! Brown, blonde, black, purple, red, etc... ;) And even though everyone told me my hair would fall out if I kept dying it, it's healthy (and THICK) as ever, and I am grateful for it. It's not too thick that it's unmanageable (most days), and I am able to style it how I want. So even though sometimes I get annoyed with the split ends, I am grateful that I do have hair, and that it's healthy!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall