4.27.2009

EXCITING POST #1: Part II

Oh...and I forgot to tell you a creepy story about the beach. Juanita and I were standing on the sidewalk in from of all the beach houses, and this homeless guy comes up and asks if we would give him money Juanita told him we didn't have any, and he asked us if we wanted to buy a bus token. Again she told him we didn't have any money, and he just stood there. Luckily Mike came walking over to us, so we had an excuse to walk away. Well, we were standing there talking to Mike, and the creepy dude came and stood next to me by the wall. As we were talking, I could feel the guy getting closer and closer to me...Totally freaked me out, so we decided to walk up the walk for a bit. Anytime we would move the guy would follow us! It was really creepy...lol, FINALLY he found some guys smoking and went and bothered them for a while..lol...it was quite interesting. Gotta love people!

Anywho..

Day 2 of my wonderful trip, we went to yet ANOTHER place I've never been before...SEA WORLD!!! lol. It was so much fun, and I must say a whole lot cooler than the zoo here in Logan, and even better than Hogle...

Shamu, or some other whale..lol..Greg told me before I left that I needed to take a "I'm a People" shirt so the zoo workers wouldn't confuse me for any of their animals...HA! Anyway...all the shows were way fun. lol, I felt like a dork becuase I was just as excited to be there as all the little kids...or at least as excited as Annie was. I tried to keep it in though! :) The bottom pic is of some dolphins.

The pet show...some penguins...the whale show....pretty amazing actually...I must admit. I'd be a little scared to get that close to the animals. I took more video than pics, but I don't want to upload the vids..sorry...The dolphin show was my favorite...haha, pretty enertaining...
Some turtles chillin...Kyla looking at the penguins...Flamingos...pretty cool..and more turtles
Jake looking at the turtles, starfish (it stunk so bad right there!), Jake with the starfish, and Kyla holding the starfish. We weren't supposed to take them out of the water...whoops! lol..
The best part about going to Sea World at the beginning of April was there weren't very people. Well, there were, but not compared to how many I'm sure there would be in the summer. Plus when we were there, it wasn't really warm, so who wants to be out in that? Anyway, so the lines to the two rides we went on weren't long AT ALL. We could have gotten off and right back on if we wanted. Pretty nice. Well...Journey to Atlantis was a very fun ride...though I didn't want to get wet...but I decided to go on it anyway...

I went with Mike and Robert. And well, when we got to the ride there was an two open in the third row, and two in the second. Robert got in the third row, and I thought Mike would be nice and let me go in the third because the people in the 1st and 2nd get the most wet. Well Mike so rudely butted in front of me (haha...jk) but he went in the 3rd row, and I got stuck in the 2nd. not so cool...I didn't think it would be too bad, but when we came down and hit the water, I got splashed RIGHT in my face! Haha, not so funny...and I thought it only happened once, but nope, it happened twice...lol, I got pretty wet. Luckily Laura let me borrow her jacket which I turned inside out so the slick side was out, and I was wearing board shorts, so they dried fairly fast...(my underwear, not so much!) lol, but at least I wasn't wearing jeans...Here's some great pics.. We went on this ride twice, and the other ride they have twice. It was fun...lol...It really was a good day. I would definitely go to Sea World again. I don't think I'd even want to go to Disneyland. I'd prefer Sea World...It was a great day, so thanks family for taking me! :)
On the way into Vegas the first night Adrienne asked me if I had ever eaten and In-n-Out burger. I never had, so she said we'd have to one of the days we were there. Well, on our way to Cali, Mike asked me the same thing. So he too said we'd have to stop. Right after Sea World we headed back to Vegas. We didn't know exactly where we were going, but Mike just kept driving. We drove up the coast to...somewhere I don't remember the name...but we passed the San Diego temple, which was cool to see, and I was able to see (kinda) a real sunset. I wish we could've been on the beach that night. It was awesome. The way we were going took us right past an in-n-out burger, so we stopped...It wasn't too bad, I must say...I'd go back...Anywho..here's a pic of that!

Anyway, so that was day 2...sorry not as many pics. I was having too much fun! :) It was a great day, and I can't wait to go back with Greg...someday! Anyway...yeah...here's the final collage!
Oh, and I really am asking a serious question in my next post..I really want answers...lol...It's for a project I'm working on! Thanks and have a great day! :)

2 comments

Lindsay said...

Sea World is way fun, and the dolphins are my fav as well! But really, if you haven't been to Disneyland you need to go at least once, it's really fun too! :)

Adrienne Hoge said...

One other small part of the creepy homeless guy story...He like almost fell into you on lunged..not really sure...but I love all the pics you took..I didnt know you had any of me ha..but I really love them all!!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall