4.30.2009

uncoordinated? clumsy?

In all my years growing up, I'd always considered myself a coordinated person. Having played sports since I was born, and then learning to play the piano, how could I not be coordinated, right? Well, it's recently come to my attention, that I may not be so anymore...Take this scenario...

A girl..(for privacy reasons..we'll call her...bre) was working on her computer one day. To give you an idea of the area, her and her hubby's computers are fairly close to each other, so there are two chairs right next to each other. Now, this bre girl was working in the kitchen as well, so to save time, she decided to stand/squat on her chair, which she does quite often when her butt gets sore. Well, when she went to go to the kitchen, she stood up (on the chair) which then (because it's a swuvek chair...) the shift in weight caused the chair to turn, resulting in this girl to fall forward, smacking her leg on hubby's chair, jamming her wrist, and causing a bit of pain...Also resulting in a HUGE bruise that hurts anytime she puts pressure on it. Now...this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I am CONSTANTLY banging my stupid knees on the desk area where I work. They're a constant bruise. But it doesn't just happen at home. It happens everywhere..like at church. I sit up in the choir seats during sacrament meeting, and a few Sundays ago after I had gotten up to play the piano, when I sat back down I totally sat on the armrest...Resulting in a LOT of pain! Oh my heck, it hurt so bad! Sad thing is, that's not the only time I've done that either. When I was the chorister, I would do it all time. Also resulting in a nasty bruise on my butt....I am constantly finding weird and random bruises all over my body, and I don't know how they get there...Not only am I causing myself excruciating pain, but I also do a lot of other damage. I almost ALWAYS spill something when I'm eating. It was so bad for a while, I would burst into tears because I was so frustrated! lol..Seriously. It was horrible. I feel like I've gotten better, but that doesn't mean I don't still trip over my own feet, or the XBox cords and unplug it while Greg is in the middle of a game...Funny story, this one time Greg and I were watching a scary movie, and I had a glass of milk in my hand. Well this scary part came up and I jumped...spilling my milk all over...lol..pretty funny...

But anyway...so after all these tragic accidents, i've had to reconsider my coordination... <---sigh---> guess I'm not so coordinated after all...

2 comments

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

It may be a heredity thing. Just ask your mother. Love ya, DAD

Stephanie Kay said...

haha, thats so funny! glad i'm not the only one who does clumsy things. :)

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall