4.23.2009

April 23...WHAT?!

My goodness! It's almost May! I honestly can't believe it! I feel so behind on everything...(like I have a lot...but it feels like I do...) This is Greg's last week of school before finals. Then we have summer break. I really can't believe it's summer already. While I LOVE being cold, it has been nice to be able to walk outside without a jacket or prop the door open because it's actually too warm in the house (and yet I still cuddle up in a blanket), or even to go for a nice run...(hahahahaha....) So yeah, I said a nice run. Except it wasn't so nice. So, let's pretend that I haven't run since the first week of volleyball at Western...oh, about 4 years ago...and I got this bRILLIANT idea to go running with Melanie AKA superwoman who is training for some monstrous realy (or the Ragner Relay). She was nice enough to let me go running with her...lol...if you could call it that. I was actually really happy about it, I've been wanting a running partner and she was nice enough to be mine. So...I woke up about 7:45 (yes in the AM!) and met Mel at the corner at 8 and took off...I was sucking wind after about 3 minutes. I am SO out of shape! It's kinda funny, but also quite embarassing. I thought I would do better than I did..after trying to keep up with Mel for about 5 minutes (if that) I finally told her to go ahead without me. I couldn't take it. I think of the 30 minutes we were out. I ran only about 10 of them...It's a crappy feeling (to be honest with you) to be so bad out of shape. It's amazing that I used to be able to do that no problem (keep in mind I said no problem, not, 'without complaints!') lol...but not anymore, but I'm not gonna let that get me down. One of these days I'll be able to keep up with Mel, well, if she lets me continue to run with her...lol...It feels really good to workout...Especially early in the morning. and no I haven't slept since I've been home, thought I'm in desperate need of a nap...lol...Anywho. i dont' really know why I told you that story. I guess just in case you were wondering about my physical shape.

Anywho....so...what has everyone else been up to? I should be doing other things...for example, I have not one, but TWO exciting posts coming up (SOMEDAY!) yes, I have another bit of exciting news...well, I'm excited about it...lol...okay, so again, sorry to bore you with this post.

point is...WHERE HAS THIS YEAR GONE?!?!?

7 comments

Stephanie Kay said...

some exciting news?? are you having a baby!? :) i hope so! that would be so fun!

Cordie said...

I ran today except I got up at 5:30 in the morning! I am training for a 10k, we will see how far I get.

Lindsay said...

Bre, you are killing me with all this talk about "some exciting posts" come on Bre! TELL US ALREADY! And good for you for running, I finally got Devin to be my running buddy and we've gone EVERY day this week! I get winded bad too but it feels good to keep doing it and know that it will get better if I stay at it, (it's way hard to stay motivated) haha PLEASE post your exciting news or whatever it is SOON! :)

Shari Davis said...

Good job for getting up "early" and going running! I can't run hard like I'd like to until I'm done nursing (don't want my milk supply to go down). Anywho, so enjoy running while you can. I seriously miss it! So what's the exciting news/posts!?!?!? I'm very intrigued! How are those pictures coming along? I know their not very good, but hopefully you were able to use SOME of them. Love you and miss you!!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

way to get out and "run"! What is the exciting news?

mel said...

Thanks for running with me! I don't mind if you only come 10 minutes with me because I know one day I will be trailing you (remember my dream). So today it's raining so I don't know when I am going to run! Pray for sun it makes running so much easier.

Schwab Family said...

wow!! i know the exact feeling!! you think that you can just pick up where you left off..but no way!! haha keep at it though and it comes back quick!! i also want to hear this exciting news! :)

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall