4.14.2009

Spring Break

Yeah, this is only a month late, but I had a great break, so I wanted to blog about it....

Greg couldn't get any time off of work during Spring Break WEEK, so we decided to start our Spring Break the Friday before. Greg, Shaina (sis-in-law) and I headed to Salt Lake to Kyan's (bro-in-law) house, where we met up with Laura (mother-in-law) and Annie (SIL) who came from SV to take Shaina home. We stayed the night in SL, then on Saturday we all (Greg, Me, Shaina, Laura, Annie, Kyan, Rosa, Jeshua and Nori) went to Hogle Zoo. It was a great time to go. It wasn't too cold, and definitely not hot. And there weren't a million people (ie. little kids!) So it was a good day.

Except...lol, and this is how much I hate Utah drivers...On the way there, we took three cars, Greg and Laura in one, Me, Shaina and Annie in another, and Kyan and Rosa and their kids leading the way. So we're on the freeway and I'm last (following Greg) and there's a .... (CAN'T THINK OF THE WORD...the place where you turn off to go to different parts of the town..lol, I can't think of what it's called!) Anyway...So greg changes lanes to avoid it, so I turn on my blinker to go into another lane, and some stupid driver comes flying up and wouldn't let me in! I was so mad! So needless to say after getting a shake of the head from the other driver, and me keeping my cool as to not swear and flip him off...(haha not that I would do that...) I end up in the middle of SL. It really wasn't horrible, just more annoying! I called Greg and was able to easily find my way to the zoo...And they only beat us by about a minute, so I wasn't too worried..lol..but ugh! I so hate Utah drivers!!

Alright...so back to the day...I love going to the zoo, and having the little kids there was a lot of fun too. They get so excited about everything. It's pretty great. It's also pretty funny to watch other people there with little kids that are too young to know what's going on. They sit there and say, "look at the **insert animal of choice here**. Look, look! **INsert child's name here** look at the animals!" haha, it was quite commical to me. people make me laugh! Okay, so if I haven't bored you enough yet...here's some pictures...

I tried using that dang PIcasa to make collages. Totally kicked my butt. Is there a way to move the pictures around once they are in the collage? LIke move them up a little, etc? Yeah, I think I'll stick with photoshop! :) ANYWHO...

*oh...and just FYI, these pics were all taken with my point and shoot, and none are edited..lol, yes I feel the need to explain that! :) Though I was surprised out how good the pics turned out!

Here is the warthog (don't know the real name..), elephant, and the rhinos..

monkey, zebra, some cat lounging around..pretty funny...,and a tiger...(as if you didn't know!)
Here's a turtle, and a ram...
a giraffe...and some lizards...ummm...playing...(haha, yeah...i find stuff like this pretty funny! You never know what you'll see when animals are involved...)

And here are some pics of Greg, Jeshua and Nori...
This last pic is of some gorilla that came up right next to the window and was making face. it was pretty crazy...

Anywho. For the rest of the week we just hung out and relaxed. It was nice to be able to stay up late and sleep in (not that we don't do that now....tee hee!) But still...It was great to get out of Logan for a little bit and spend time with family.

And don't worry, I know I still have a super exciting post coming up...but it may take a while..lol..after all this post took me about a month, but I'll get it...

Also....For those of you who DON'T know....my sister is getting married!! Kandyce and Clay are getting married towards the end of the summer and we're all pretty excited about it...I suppose it's okay to mention it now since she has a ring and everything already...What a year, right? I'll be adding at least 1 more nephew in June, 1 unknown baby in July, and 2 brother in laws within a week of each other. (My SIL Adrienne is getting married at the end of the summer too!) It's fun to see my family growing so much!

Whew..think that's all for now! Until next time....

4 comments

Lindsay said...

Yay for Kandyce! That is so exciting! And I'm with you, I HATE Utah drivers as well! They are the most impolite drivers ever! I get mad at AT LEAST one every time I'm on the road! haha Love the pics of the zoo, so fun! I wanna go to the zoo, I haven't been in soooo long! Oh and since your family is growing so much when are we gonna hear about YOU having a little munchkin? ;)

bre said...

probly closer to never! ;)

Cordie said...

Sounds like a good time, well once you got out of the car, : Thanks for the advice, we should meet up and take some pictures of each other. That sounds funny.

Stephanie Kay said...

That looks like you had so much fun! We are going to the zoo at the end of this month, can't wait. I love the zoo. :) Tell Kandyce conrats for me, thats so exciting!!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall