5.20.2008

Hogle Zoo

So, today Greg surprised me with a trip to the zoo. I LOVE going to the zoo. I know that sounds funny, but I really do. Last night when we were getting ready for bed I was trying to decide what time I should get up for school. He told me I shouldn't go, and when I asked him what time he was going to wake up he said 6:45. Of course I didn't believe him. That's so early!!! He just said he had a lot to get done today. So, I knew he had something planned. We really did get up at 6:45, left here at 7:30, and ended up at Hogle Zoo. He's such an awesome husband! I love him so much! He's always thinking of things to do for me...He's just so sweet! It was such a fun day. We were there for about 3 hours. It was a nice day too...It was cloudy, so it wasn't way hot. He wanted to go now hoping there wouldn't be a ton of people, and little kids...Well, we were lucky for about 20 minutes, then a bunch of elementary kids showed up on a fieldtrip. Haha...It's okay, we both had a lot of fun. It was such a good day! What a great husband I have!!!

Anyway, here are some pics!

This is a baby alligator...(in case you were wondering!)

This is an elephant...
These are some pretty cool frogs...ya know, the only bad part was taking pictures through the glass...it's okay, this one still turned out surprisingly well...
I love giraffes. I think they have the coolest patterns...and I thought it was way funny the way this one was standing...
I believe this is a meerkat, or however that's spelled...It got up right against the glass so I could take its picture
This is a dead mouse...in the owl's cage....
Ever seen 'Snakes on a Plane?' Yeah, they totally creep me out..
We went to the cat show, with about a million elementary kids...I was really hoping they would bring the tiger out in the little area where the trainer was...but no, they had to keep it behind a cage..Weird, huh? I think tigers are such neat animals...

This one reminded me of Brady....he used to love wolves...haha..so here's to you brother
Here's Greg observing the...Rhino's maybe? I don't remember....
Here he is again...he's so handsome isn't he?
And last but not least....Here we both are at the end of our day. Thanks Greg for making today a good one. I love you!!!
(don't mind my hair please...lol)

8 comments

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

That was thoughtful of Greg to surprise you! The pics bring back a lot of fun memories! That's funny that the wolves reminded you of Brady. He did love them didn't he? What a funny kid! I'm glad you had a fun day. MOM

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

That was thoughtful of Greg to surprise you! The pics bring back a lot of fun memories! That's funny that the wolves reminded you of Brady. He did love them didn't he? What a funny kid! I'm glad you had a fun day. MOM

Unknown said...

How fun and what a great surprise! I have never been to Hogle Zoo, and I've always wanted to! It looks like so much fun! After hearing about how much fun you guys had, Eric and I totally need to go.

Stephanie Kay said...

awe how fun is that!? thats awesome, greg is really sweet to do that for you. i love the zoo too, we went a couple weeks ago and it's always fun. thats really fun, oh and i LOVE the pic of you two at the end, so cute!

Lindsay said...

So cute! It sounds like you guys had a fun day! Way cool! You two are so cute together, I love the last pic too!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Gotta love the zoo. We went a couple of years ago with my nephew and hope to go this summer with Annali. The pics were amazing.

Unknown said...

You guys got some cool pics... there was no baby aligator when we went.. OHHH... but the place where the meerkats were.. isn't it sooo stinky.. I gagged when I walked in there..

FYI I like Greg's glasses!

Shari Davis said...

That was really sweet of Greg!!!! What a fun day!!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall