5.18.2008

Ex-Lax

So, I was sitting in church today, and I remembered this funny story that happened when I was working at Kmart.

So, this one morning Brandie (one of the department managers) had brought some cookies that she made and a drink to work. She was over at the jewelry counter, which is right next to the service desk where I worked. Well, she had set her stuff on the counter and this couple with a little girl (maybe 3 or 4) came in. Brandie left the jewelry counter for a while, leaving her stuff there, and the couple put her kid down to let her run around (like EVERY parent does!!) Brandie came back to the counter and looked for her stuff, which was missing. She looked down and saw that the couple's girl had taken it off the counter and was eating her cookies and drinking out of her drink. Obviously she was upset about it, so she went and talked to Kim (another department lead) about it. Brandie came back and was standing close to the couple who had the little girl and pretended to do some work. Kim got on the radios we had and said "Brandie, if you find the cookies DON'T eat them. I put ex-lax in them as a joke to give to Kathleen." (Haha....) Well, the couple came up to the service desk, pretty upset and wanted to talk to a manager. I called Brandie (the manager on duty) up and she started talking to them. The couple was SO MAD and were freaking out because someone had left these cookies out in reach of the little girl and if their daughter got sick because of it, they were going to sue..or something stupid like that...Haha, Brandie told them over and over that she knew who made them and that they didn't put anything in them and that Kim was just joking...The couple didn't believe her and left pissed....Haha, but when I found out what had really gone on, I just laughed. It totally made my day! Brandie was just mad that the couple wasn't watching the kid, and the kid ended up eating her cookies and her drink. Of course, I'd be mad too. Brandie had to throw it away, cuz well, if you saw the kid...you would too...Okay, that sounded mean, but still...Ya never know!

But anyway...haha, maybe it's not so funny to some of you, but when I remembered that story, I just had to laugh. It really was funny...moral of the story...don't let your kids run around department stores...and don't get mad at the employees when YOUR KID (that you're not watching) ends up eating stuff off of counters....(which the little girl couldn't have reached, which made Brandie think the parents gave it to her...which they probly did..) but yeah..keep that in mind the next time you go shopping, plus, you never know what's going to be in them!

5 comments

Tiffany said...

ok that is funny. i hate it when i am in the store and there are kids all over the place. i hate it.. have fun at kmart!

Stephanie Kay said...

haha...too bad the cookies didn't have ex-lax in them. teach that dang kid and the kid's parents a lesson! :)

Schwab Family said...

hey bree, i am glad you found us, so i could see you guys. :) I love all of your pictures and work!! So do you like take family pics and little kid pics too?? if so i would really like some done! i think the last ones we got were Dayton was like 3 weeks old. let me know. you do such a great job!!

Stephanie Kay said...

It was a lot of fun, he's adorable. Yeah back in the Logan scene, still looking for a job. I might apply at K-mart, they hiring? :) I just want a job for the summer, so I really don't care what it is. What you up to?

Jill said...

Oh that is funny! If you are not watching your own kid, you can't get mad at the employees. They are not there to babysit! When we go to a store or out in public. I always make my kids stay in the cart or in a stroller, unless Grandma and Grandpa are there then they just let them do whatever they want. (it drives me nuts!)

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall