5.29.2008

3 Years and Counting...

So, Tuesday the 27th, Greg and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary! It's so crazy, at times it seems like we've been together so long that 3 years doesn't really seem that long. But it has been 3 years. Greg is the most patient, loving, spiritual, humble, thoughtful husband in the world (the list goes on and on...). He puts up with me when I'm moody (if I can get that far. He usually cracks some joke so I can't even be in a bad mood) and he is always thinking of things he can do for me. He's been such a wonderful husband, I only hope that I can be a wonderful wife for him. I love him so much! He's the best, and I really don't know what I'd do without him...Love you Greg!!!

Our story (my side, for those of you who don't know): We met October 2004 at Western Wyoming Community College. I had seen him walking around campus is in shorts, hoody, and a hat, but he was always looking down and never looked very happy. (haha) One night, Bridger Mackey (from cokeville) knocked on my door, and Greg and Marc (greg's roomie) were with him. They were going around door to door asking people if they wanted a kiss (then give them a hershey's kiss). I told them no, and we kinda talked for a while. then they left. I told tatum (my roomie, also from cokeville) that I thought Greg was cute, and she said she had a class with him, so she was going to invite him to the Halloween institute dance. Well, between her and Bridger they got him to go to the dance. I still remember what he was wearing...a kinda tight pink wrestling shirt, and the first time I ever saw him in jeans. He looked HOTT! :) I didn't' actually dance with him, because he just sat against the wall most of the time. but i did go over and talk to him once. It was only for a little bit, then he CLAIMS I 'ditched' him, when really I had curfew that night (volleyball). Well, I left for a few days, but when I came back, I had Bridger talk to him, and Greg eventually came to my room. He left pretty quickly because "his phone was ringing." So, we still hadn't talked much. He got my number and called me from the room right about mine...we talked for quite a while on the phone. I had a paper to type up, which I hadn't read the book for, so he offered to come down and "help." Pretty much he ended up writing the whole things. What a sweetheart, huh? He ended up staying in my room until about 5 in the am just talking and learning about each other. After that, we were pretty much together all of the time. I'd go to his room every evening and we'd stay up TALKING all hours of the night. My roommates used to make bets on what time I would come back...(Greg lived in the rooms right below mine and across the hall, so we were really close..) Anyway, I loved staying up late talking to him, and I still do. He is my best friend, and I would be lost without him. We were engaged December 21, 2004 (i'll tell that story another time) and married May 27, 2005 in the Logan Temple. 

So that's the story, onto some pictures.. (This is a LONG POST!! sorry!)


This is us when we first started dating (ha, note the shirts we are both wearing...haha)


Here is us again in my room at college
This is us after we bought our house...oh, you can't see the BRIGHT orange carpet...sadness...we are still here though, and it's been a really good home.
Us on our wedding day. I love him in the picture. He looks so good.


This is the first time he took me to the zoo. It was my birthday...SWEET!

This is us last August in Star Valley.
I love this pictures of him too...
Ha, this is us at Easter...(gotta love the self-taken pics, huh?)
Sledding over spring break
and the most recent of us at Hogle Zoo!

3 comments

Stephanie Kay said...

Three years already? Wow, that's amazing. I hope Spencer and I can last that long. :) Sometimes I wonder. hehe. Well thats awesome, congrats. You guys are adorable together. I liked the long post. So no worries.

Unknown said...

Great post.. and Happy Anniversary.. loved all the pictures, such a cute couple.. someday I should post about how Victor and I met and our marriage, if you would call it that... funny story..anyway.. three years.. congrats

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Hey so I don't have your email address...can you send it to me and I will tell you where I get all the fonts and graphics and such!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall