9.01.2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Alright, so I saw this on Lindsay's blog and thought it was totally cute, and I wanted to do it...but I couldn't think of anything when it came down to it. Here is what I got. I'm pre-warning you. It's late, and I'm, well...wired, to say the least. Greg finally had to kick me out of the house. (I think he was sick of my dancing in front of him while he played his game...teehehe...) Seriously..it's late. These pics aren't the greatest, but it was fun. ENJOY!

Oh...the point of this...10 of your favorite ITEMS. (Nothing seriously important, like family, gospel, etc.) 

#1: MY COMPUTER! I have had this computer since my junior year of HS, and I absolutely LOVE IT! I will cry when it dies. It has been such a good computer, and when it crashes (which I hope doesn't happen anytime soon (knock on wood)) I am for sure getting another mac. okay, crossing my fingers on that one. They're so expensive! :(

#2: MY CAMERA. So obviously this is just the lens cap. I attempted a self-portrait in the mirror, but it didn't turn out, so you get to see the lens cap. I LOVE my camera! It has taken so many wonderful pictures. I love getting it out and learning how to actually use it...(STILL LEARNING!)

#4: MY IPOD! What would I do all day at school without my iPod? I would go nuts, I think...I love listening to music. I got this as an early birthday present because my sweet husband didn't want the mean kids to make fun of me when I showed up to school with an old school CD Player..
(This is still the iPod. I am just trying different angles...etc... :)

#3: (Yes these are out of order) MY PHONE! I would go crazy if I didn't have a cell. Text message is the greatest invention EVER! So much easier than having to actually TALK on the phone. Geeze....(notice the peace sign?)
I wanted to pretend it was a baby wrapped in a furry white blanket. I think it works... (did I mention it's LATE?!)

#5: TV! Seriously...What would I have to listen to all day while I sat on my computer? I have to have the TV turned on while I am at my computer. I hate the silence. I suppose I could listen to music though...hmm..there's a thought...I love watching movies with Greg and playing XBOX on this TV...($100 for anyone who can name the exact game Greg is playing!!)

#6: POST ITS! I absolutely have an obsession with post-its, or any small papers. I probably go through 20 pieces of paper (about that size) each day. I just write random things on them and doodle when my computer is taking forever to load something...LOVE THEM!

#7: PENS! I have had this obsession forever! I bought this AWESOME thing of pens when I was younger. There were about 50 different colored pens. Gel pens were my FAVE. Aubs, do you remember our obsession in like 7th grade? I still love them...I also love this picture...total depth of field shot (for any of you photographers out there!)

#8: ICE CREAM!! (this should be ranked higher) Umm...hello. How can you not love ice cream! It's the greatest invention ever, next to texting! Mint Chocolate chip all the way baby!! (This is about the time Greg kicked me out. He thought it was weird I was taking pictures of food...hmm...really? I think that combined with  my dancing got to him...haha)

#9: FLOWERS! I love flowers. I love getting roses, though I always seem to kill them. Anyone know how to keep them alive? Are you not supposed to cut them at all? I always cut mine so they don't stick out so far out of the vase...Any suggestions? So this picture, I love it. It's totally over-exposed, but I think it works for this. I did it by accident...

#10: (do I really have this many? I didn't think I did...) MY BED! and yes, it is not made, and no, I do not ever make it! But I LOVE IT! It's so comfty...and the sheets, though orange, are egyptian cotton (I think?) so they're super soft. Yeah. I love it, and I think it's calling me...)

I challenge everyone else (mom & dad included) to do this same thing...Post pictures of your 10 favorite things...You don't have to take the pics yourself. See Lindsay's blog for the super cute original idea. 

3 comments

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

LOVE the idea of this post. How much fun.

Okay I think we must be pretty alike cause I am a sticky note WHORE at work. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

love the rose picture too. Did you take it laying on your bed sheet? Either way it being over exposed was awesome.

Year of photos. please feel free to do it yourself. its fun

Stephanie Kay said...

hey bre. yeah i thought i heard a 'my name is greg aullman' behind me in one of my sociology classes when we were introducing ourselves. but i wasn't sure if it was your greg aullman, haha. but thats cool. i don't know if its a shorter degree, but its a shorter minor...thats what i'm getting, is a minor in sociology. psychology/sociology are both pretty boring/easy subjects to me, but whatever, a minor is a minor, haha, just can't wait to get the minor out of the way.

Stephanie Kay said...

oh and what is that xbox game? spencer and i tried to guess, but no idea...

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall