9.03.2008

Do I Blog Too Much?

So, I have this feeling that some people (AHEM my sister!) think that I blog too much, and have too much time on my hands, so I am able to post 2-3 comments on different peoples' blogs. Well I have this to say...I LIKE BLOGGING!! Okay? But I think you should all vote on my poll to the right! (Haha...I am a Blog-aholic...isn't that the word you used Lauren?!) Anywho. I know I blog a lot, and some of you haven't had time to fully take in my other posts, so be sure to scroll down and take it all in, leave a few comments, and check out all my blogs!

Onto the post...Tonight we had mutual. It was my very first activity to plan. Emily (my advisor) and I did a "Back to School" night. I was actually really worried about it because I thought the girls would get totally bored. What we did was Emily talked a little about organization and study skills, then we had a snack and took a 5 minute break from our "studying" and played spandex. (For those of you who don't know what it is, it's this HUGE Spandex band. You put four people in, and two people run and switch places, and they fling the other two people across and it just goes back and forth. The girls LOVE it.)

After the break I talked to them about eating healthy (yeah, laugh it up...) and self-esteem. The girls totally got into it. I was so surprised. I thought they would think it was totally boring, but they all had comments and were seriously into it. It made me so happy to see that side of them. So I did my talking, then I made them write 10 things they like about themselves. After that we did a relay. We started on one end of the room, and two girls ran down and had to find 4 of their books to put in their backpack, then they ran back to the other end where two other girls folded blankets, then they ran down to the other end where two girls had to eat cereal (with no milk..lol), then they ran back and the last 2 had to make a PB & J sandwich. Kinda like their morning routine type thing. Anyway. they had a lot of fun. What a great group of girls we have. We ended the night with brownies and a "Back to School Survival Kit." Where there was a bunch of random things in the bag, ie tape-to remind them to "stick" to their standards. The idea for it can be found at sugardoodle.net, which is a totally awesome site for ideas. It was a lot of fun. I took a few pics, so enjoy!

**Warning...these pictures may not be the best. I put it on auto because it was happening fast, and I didn't want to mess with my manual settings...***

. here's Maria and Justeena eating the cereal .
. Amber and Kara, our cheerleaders .
. Poor Justeena, she is truly a trooper . 
. Melanie the YW President making her PB & J sandwich . 
. All the girls there to cheer them on .
. haha...does this really need an explanation? .

8 comments

Unknown said...

No way do you blog too much.. there is no such thing. If you didn't blog who's blog woould we read!? Keep it up!

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

I LOVE IT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I feel like since I started the second blog I have gotten more into posting more! :)

We're the BLOG-aholics!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Sounds like the young women had a lot of fun. If you can find the time to pull off an amazing activity and still do all your blogging, then i say go for it. When your blogging takes up so much time that you don't leave time for things that are really important, then maybe it is too much, but if you get everything done that needs to be done, then keep the blogs coming. I love them. That wasn't a run-on sentence or anything was it? haha

Lindsay said...

haha heck no bre! you don't blog too much, i'm going to agree with the first comment, there is no such thing! i love to blog too! haha its so fun! so keep it coming! :-) way to go for the blog-aholics! yeah!

Shari Davis said...

So, I was looking at your birth announcements on your website and you have A LOT of GIRL announcement, but only ONE BOY announcement. What is up with that? I'm having two boys, so you need to make up some boy ones, for twins, preferably!!! You know I love ya!

Shari Davis said...

And YES you do blog too much, but I love it!!!!

Lindsay said...

hey bre! question! how do you get your friend's and fam blog links to show when they were last updated?! i would totally love to do that! :-)

Lindsay said...

Thanks bre! And about blogging too much, I do too...as you can see, I change my background to my blog ALL THE TIME, but I finally found one I really love! So hopefully I won't get bored with it and keep it for a while! And I changed my blog addresses, it worked, thanks for telling me how to do it! :-)

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall