8.28.2016

August Life

August is almost over. I don't know how that happened. I feel lik this year, once again, has just flown by! Here another boring update on my life in August.

I've been thinking about my diet quite a bit lately. Of course, it doesn't help that I have had 2 different people tell me I should try the AIP diet (or Paleo). I've done some research on what it is, not necessarily how effective it is, or how proven it is, but my findings all come down to the same result...I don't think I could cut all those foods out of my diet. I mean, who does that? It seems strange. I have my own opinions on "healthy diet", but I'll save that for a different day. All I'm saying is that when I'm at the grocery store and I walk past the Cheese Whiz, I am probably going to buy it.
We didn't get to see too much of the Olympics, but the ones that we did see were amazing! Crazy to think how young some of these athletes are. The volleyball was fun to watch, and Gymnastics are always my favorite. Honestly, though, with as amazing as their routines were, I couldn't help but think about how amazing it would be to be able to just reach down and pick something off the floor. I don't need to be able to do flips and cartwheels and all those crazy things. Still pretty amazing to watch.
Work, oh work, oh work! I can't have a post without something work-related, right? Of course, I could probably dedicate an entire blog to work happenings....**IDEA**...but here's the work related stuff as of late.

I'm sure I've probably mentioned this, but a few years ago we had a co-worker named Lee. He was our mortgage officer, and he was awesome. He would come back and talk to us quite a bit, and he would always bring us chips and salsa from El Sol. Well, even though Lee is no longer at the CU (sad days!) we still enjoy chips and salsa...pretty much every week. It's a good snack break. If only we could have it "on tap".
We've had this cute gal come in who worked at KarieAnne's snack shack, or something like that. Basically, it's Italian Ice, Custard, Italian Ice. She had brought over some samples at the beginning of summer, and has been telling us about how they got huckleberry custard in, and how delicious it is. Finally, we decided to go get some, and boy oh boy, it did not disappoint! I got Pina Colada & Huckleberry. So sweet, So delicious!
 I have had a few frustrating days. I'd get into it more, but I don't have time here before church!
I complained about this on instagram, but here we go again. Boob-sweat money is disgusting. Even more disgusting when you see them pull it from their bras. I mean, if I don't know why it's wet, I can usually handle it okay, but witnessing the pull from bra + sweaty wetness. I kind of wanted to cut my hands off when I was done! DON'T DO IT! Keep your money in your purse or wallet.
The heating & cooling in the building is always fun. It's either way to cold, (most of the time), or the cooler breaks, and we have no air! That's always fun. Sweat dripping down our foreheads and backs. Totally attractive. Unfortunately, they did not allow us to close. Lame, right? Luckily it was only this way for a day and a half before we got it fixed.

Football season is upon us! YAY!! Let's just not talk about how Tony is injured for another 10 weeks already!
This summer has just blown by! I can't believe it. It has been a decently warm summer, with very, VERY little rain. I am excited for the cooler weather, and hopefully some massive rain storms!
Crazy to think Greg is back in school, and in his 4th year. Where has time gone?
That's about how awesome my August has been. I have a few more fun things to blog about, but for now, that's all you get!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall