11.15.2012

Today I Am Feeling...

a bit stressed...
overwhelmed...
cold...
hurt (as in physical pain)...
tired...
hungry...
angry...
(it was a rough day...)

But, I had the opportunity to go to a meeting with all the Stake Young Women's Presidencies. The talks given were awesome. Sister Thurber gave one on time, and gave a great example from 3 Nephi about when the Savior was visiting the America's, and he told them to go home and ponder on the words that he had spoken. And though he had other things that he was supposed to do, instead, he took the time to bless the sick, and the children, and all the people that were there. She compared it to us as Young Women leaders, and how we need to take time to make sure that our young women are doing okay, and take time to see how they are doing. She, of course, told it a lot better than I did, but it was awesome, and much needed. I complain a lot about my calling, but I wouldn't rather have any other one (except ward organist...because that's the best calling ever). But we have some amazing young women, and I am blessed to be able to work with them. I just need to take more time to be a better leader for them. It was a great meeting. (and much needed after my day!)

After, I had told Brother Tyler from my ward that I would referee some church volleyball games. It was so fun. I have never seen so many poor players having so much fun! And I have to say, it was some ugly volleyball, but I was quite impressed with how 'decent' some of those ladies were. I'm sure most have never played anything other than church ball, and they weren't too bad.

When the games were over, I was walking out, and this girl looks at me and says "How are you?" I smiled and said, "Good, how are you?" Then we kind of stared at each other, me thinking, "do I know you?" Then she said, "I'm from Cokeville." I just stared at her hoping for any form of recognition...finally I said, "Who are you?" It was Jennie Sorensen. I didn't even recognize her. In my defense though, when she said she was from Cokeville, I was thinking of people my age, because she looked young enough to be my age. It was kind of cool though to see someone I 'knew'.

Anyway...that's how my day went!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall