11.05.2012

Do You Love Your Job?

Yes...and no...haha...

Depends on the day.

But in all honesty, I have to say that it is the best job I've ever had. (You know, because I've had so many!)

I really enjoy the basics of the job...greeting members, doing transactions, opening accounts. It's the sales aspect that I don't enjoy, because I'm not a salesman. I do not like trying to sell to members. If there is something that I feel could benefit them, I have no problem doing it, but don't ask me to just bring up random things to try to sell. Totally not my personality. It takes a lot for me to get out of my comfort zone and strike up a conversation with people I don't know.

But I do like dealing with money, checks, and meeting new people. It's kind of amazing how many people you get to know, even if I don't know their name right off the bat, I know their faces, and it's kind of cool when you get members that want to come to you because they know and like you.

Do I like getting yelled at about fees? No...It always creates an awkward situation because I would love to tell people what I think, but I need to keep my job. If I could just help the people who do not have issues with fees or anything like that, I think I'd love my job even more...

Oh, and if they would let me install Photoshop on my computer, I'd really love my job!

Now, would I rather NOT be working...absolutely! But only if I had other things to keep me busy, so I guess for now, I'm okay with the job I'm at.

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall