8.14.2008

What's been happening...

So, it's been FOREVER since I last blogged..(yeah, I get annoyed when people go more than a day to blog..) so I decided I would give you all an update on what's been going on this past week...

Saturday I went to the fair with Greg. He volunteers at CAPSA (an abuse center) and they asked him to sit at their booth. We were there for about 4 hours just sitting, watching people. Can I just tell you that there are some INTERESTING people in this world. Wow..yeah...anyway, so while we're sitting there, I see a friend that I haven't seen since December when she quit kmart to have her baby. I haven't seen her baby yet either so I get up and give her a hug and I'm just talking to her for a while...well, I'm saying goodbye and Shay suddenly yells, "BREANNE!" I of course had no idea what she was yelling for, and it kinda freaked me out, so I asked her what...and she said, "You have two different shoes on." Sure enough. I had one black flip-flop and one BRIGHT blue-green flip-flop on. Somewhat embarassing.....

Monday we had volleyball tryouts. We actually had a lot more girls try out than I was expecting. It was a really good day, but can I just tell you that I am SO GLAD we never had tryouts...for the coach's sakes...I mean, granted, there were times when I wished that we had cuts...lol, that's kinda mean, I know, but admit it, all of you are agreeing with me on that one. Anyway, it was really tough to cut some of the girls. but it had to be done, and I'm over it now..lol...kinda, but I have to tell you about this one girl. So, there's this girl who is really little, and she doesn't speak English. Well, I wasn't expecting much from her, cuz she was a sophomore and didn't play freshman year. So we start out with passing, and I kinda overlook her, and I made the rounds and was talking to the sophomore coach Julie about some of them. She pointed to this girl and said, "She's got pretty good ball control." So I looked over, and holy cows, she was getting perfect passes. She didn't have the "correct" form, but I wasn't gonna try and fix it for her, cuz it was working. Well, so I was happy about that, and even in butterfly drills she did good. So then we move onto setting...again..this girl was pretty good. onto serving...WOW.. She had some power for a little girl. I swear she is Brazilian...she most definitely isn't white!!! I've decided I'm going to learn Spanish just for her...So that was good. Practices the past few days have been pretty good. We've had a bit of drama, and I am ready to pull my hair out already...but I won't get into that, cuz I don't know who actually reads my blogs! Ugh...seriously though, I am about to go nuts. Good thing I don't have to play everyone....

Let's see...oh yeah...I FINALLY got my new website up and running! It's so much easier than the last one I did, and I personally think it looks better. So be sure to check it out.... www.btadesigns.com I guarantee it won't be the last time I change it. I'm constantly learning new tricks to web design. I want to make it look as professional as possible. We'll see how it goes...

So, I think that's about it for the past week. Not to exciting, huh? yeah, I didn't think so...but it's all good. Life is great, couldn't ask for anything more!

7 comments

Lindsay said...

haha i so know what you mean about wishing you could cut some girls from volleyball, even though that sounds mean, you're right its true! you're new website looks great bre! i love the blue and green, i think it looks awesome! hope everything is going good! i can't believe its time for volleyball already! crazy!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

That's funny about your flip flops. Are you color Blind? HAHA It was good to hear what's going on in your world. Love and Miss ya!

Stephanie Kay said...

Glad we didn't have try outs, I probably wouldn't have made the cut. :) Plus everyone on our team was awesome, it would have been sad to see some of them get cut...

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

ummm actually i wasn't awesome, i was just coachable. hehe and by the way we're going to provo at the beginning of september.

Unknown said...

I like the new look of your blog! That's too funny, you wore diff. color flip-flops.. remember when they use to be called thongs!?

Unknown said...

I literally JUST got off the phone with Victor, and I had to tell you this.. cause I thought it was cool, you know.. we were talking about getting matching shirts or whatever for pictures and he said yea, while I was on KSL I came across this photography listing.. he said it was "BPS designing something" and they do really good work .. I go.. was it BTA Designs!? and he goes yea.. I said THAT'S MY COUSIN THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU ABOUT! He says, what's her name? I drew a blank for some reason.. sorry.. and he goes.. oh yea, Breanne.. I said that's it.. and he says.. she does really cute pictures! AND that's the end...

bre said...

Lol, that's funny Michelle. How random that he ran across my ad! Tell Victor thanks though!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall