8.04.2008

Breaking Dawn...NO SPOILERS...just don't read the middle paragraph...

Alright...So, I finished the book. It wasn't too bad, but definitely not as good as the first 3. It was a lot more suggestive than the first three too, which I really didn't like. It really didn't go into a lot of details, but I still don't think it's very appropriate for young readers. Not saying they shouldn't read it...so mom, you can let Kenzie read it, but I just think there is stuff in there that doesn't need to be read by younger readers, if that makes sense. But I do get that Bella and Edward are in love, and that's what happens when people are in love, and it really was sweet how in love them seemed to be. Don't get me wrong there. I really just think the author had a lot of crazy sexual fantasies...Anyway...that being said I'll give you my other reasons for why i didn't like it...

Bella's character is totally NOT consistent with the other books. I don't know how to explain it well, but she seemed like a totally different person in this one. She seemed more like 30 than the 18 year old she was. Bella's relationship with Jacob. It was okay in the first three, but this book...TOTALLY WEIRD! Like really. It just bugged me the way they were together. Suddenly Bella's superwoman....I found that interesting how in the end she saved everyone, though she had only been a vampire for a few days. I was hoping they would fight in the end...and they didn't...

Oh well. I think i just got my hopes up for some really good book, and it wasn't the greatest. i should probly read it again, cuz I didn't really pay much attention in some parts, so maybe it really is good, and I have just been in a weird mood and couldn't enjoy it...But yeah. I guess that's my opinion. okay, I'm done with this...lol, I am really annoyed by it...okay...goodnight everyone...ENJOY THE BOOK! :)

3 comments

Stephanie Kay said...

I agree with you on one part that it is odd Jake and her daughter are gonna get married someday or whatever...that was kinda odd to me because he has kissed Bella...so thats a little odd. The rest didn't bother me though. I thought it was cute how in love they were and how attracted they were to each other, haha, maybe thats why parts didn't bother me...

Shari Davis said...

I agree with you Bre!!! Though she didn't go into detail, you still get the idea and maybe it's because we're married and know what happens on honeymoons. I don't know. I haven't quite finished the book, but I'm not as in to it as I was the other 3 books. Maybe it's because I'm a little distracted, I don't know. I couldn't put the other three down, and when I did, I couldn't wait to pick them back up again. Not so much with this one. Oh well!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Your'e not the only one who would not recommend it to teenage girls. Several people that I have talked to said the same thing. So I am taking your advice and not recommending it to Kenz. Thanks for sharing your thoughts even when others might disagree. There are a lot of Mom's out there that will thank you for making a stand on this.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall