8.02.2008

Wakeboarding and Breaking Dawn

So, today was my first day of my new calling. We went boating and wakeboarding. It was actually a lot of fun. We went to Newton Dam (if anyone knows where that is. I didn't know where it was...) But it wasn't too bad. The girls had a lot of fun too, I think. They were able to tube and boat and wakeboard and swim. After they had their fun, a few of the girls and some of us leaders decided to take our turn at having some fun. I have NEVER wakeboarded, let alone been on a boat, so it was all a new experience for me. Emily, the first leader to try, told us she had only done it once, yet when she got out there, so popped right up like a pro, and lasted pretty much the entire ride. She was awesome. I made Danielle go next, because she had never done it, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be the only one embarassed...(haha..how mean am I?) But she got out there like a trooper. Had some semi-successful tries, but wasn't able to get all the way up. Then it was my turn. I was really nervous, cuz i have never done any boarding of any kind, so I didn't know what to expect. But...I'm happy to say that I totally kicked butt! I got up on my first try (and every try after that!) I was so proud of myself. It's a killer though. holy moly, my arms and my legs and my hands were DEAD after just a few minutes. I will admit i fell a few times, but I made sure that if I felt like I was gonna biff, I would lean back so I landed on my butt and not face plant. (My biggest fear!) I even hit a few waves (which totally scared me) and...I did it one handed...How's that for a pro! But it was a lot of fun. and I can now add wakeboarding to my list of things I've done...Greg also was able to make the trip with me. i was so happy, so it was a fun filled day that we were able to spend together. Here is the nasty little dam we went to, and a picture of Greg...Love him!!



On the other hand...***Warning...Breaking Dawn Spoiler Ahead***

okay, since I warned you, you can't get mad...Can I just tell you how disappointed I am in this last book, I'm only through "book 1" yes, it's split into different books about the different characters! That bugs me way bad when authors/movies do that! Second. For her being a so-called "LDS Author"...wow...I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANY TEENAGER!!! I mean, the first 100 pages are about Bell and Edward and what happens on "honeymoons." Granted there aren't a LOT of details, but there is a lot in it that I wouldn't want my little sister to read. Why does she have to spend all that time telling what happens on their honeymoon. Everyone knows what goes on during honeymoons, we don't need to read about it...plus, we also know where that leads, so just keep it simple and come out and say she gets pregnant instead of DRAGGING IT ON AND ON...Okay, i don't really know how to explain all that and it probly doesn't make ANY SENSE...I'm just way bugged by it, so I thought I would share my opinion. I'm just annoyed, and expected better. I honestly don't see how she'll be able to make it into a movie without it being rated R. Just my opinion, so mom, don't let McKenzie read it until she's older..(haha) not that it's better when you're older, I just don't think it's a very appropriate book. Anywho...that's just my opinion. Let me know what you think if you've read/are reading it. I'm only on page 153, so maybe my opinion will change..We'll see!!!

7 comments

Gayle said...

OK ... so you are so lucky to be able to go boating with the YW.. If we asked about do that they would laugh us out of town. Now have the Scouts plan a trip to Lake Powell and no problem. SOOOO as you can tell this is a sore subject with me. But I am glad you had fun. Just remember to really listen to your girls. Sometimes they are trying to talk to you and you really have to listen. They are going to love you.

Schwab Family said...

Isnt wakeboarding fun?? i hadnt ever done until i married dain but i love. i figured you would get up easily since you are so athletic. I but you are such a fun young womens leader!!! the girls probably love you!!!

Schwab Family said...

oh yea... i am so excited to read breaking dawn but my book has come yet!! i will wait to read your post until after. ha ha

Stephanie Kay said...

So you done with the book yet? I really liked it...I hope my children's births aren't like Bella's though. Kinda freaked me out a bit, not gonna lie. :)

Unknown said...

I'm through "book one" as well.. I'm not sure if I like the breakdown either.. I find it somewhat.. predictable.. I KNEW the moment she was having dreams about this baby that she was prego.. weird!

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

k so i was totally not going to read your spoiler, but my mom said something about a book you wouldn't want kenzie to read so i had to see if that's what you wrote about breaking dawn, and now i'm all bummed that i know what happens. crap! oh well. i should have just not worried about it. the only reason i was wondering is because madisen and ashbee are both reading it. andra bought it and has read the other ones and she didn't seem to think the other ones were too dodgey for the girls so i don't know. yeah oh well. maybe i'll forget what happens by the time i actually get the book... probly not.

Ashlie said...

By the way Breanne, I'm so glad someone else will tell it like it is. People really like to use the good old excuse that every one is doing as justification. I have to wonder how ridiculous that will sound on the other side . . .

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall