10.12.2014

Meet My Obsession

Good  heavens. I am so incredibly far behind. I have quite a few pictures and some events to share. But since I have to be chronologically correct, we're starting here. 

It has been almost 2 years since my obsession with One Direction began. If you are unfamiliar with this band, now is your chance to familiarize yourself. They began their career in 2010 by auditioning for the X-Factor UK as solo candidates. They were all cut along with a big group of boys, and were terribly disappointed. They were each individually called out of this group of boys and were told they would be forming a group. From there, their lives changed forever. 5 random boys from very different places. Who knew they would become as big as they are.


In case you were curious who they are: (L to R)
Louis William Tomlinson: born December 24, 1991
Liam James Payne: born August 29, 1993
Niall James Horan: born September 13, 1993
Harry Edward Styles: born February 1, 1994
Zayn Malik: born January 12, 1993

I first got into them when I was taking down the Christmas tree, and I wanted some music to listen to. I pulled up YouTube and found a song I wanted to listen to. On the side it has other songs that one might be interested in, and one of the videos was, "What Makes You Beautiful." I watched the video and saw how cute and fun thes five boys were and decided to keep looking an listening to their music, I watched, "One Thing," "Kiss You," and "Live While We're Young" over and over that night. That's where it began.

I got Twitter just so I could follow the boys, and started looking them up on Pinterest and reading articles about them online. I learned quite a bit about them. I've seen multiple YouTube videos about them.I became obsessed. I wasn't afraid to let this obsession known, so I posted quite often about it on my blog, facebook, and instagram.


Last year they had a concert in Salt Lake that I would have loved to have gone to, but Greg wouldn't let me. I was in SLC at the same time as them, so that was awesome. I even took a picture.


Anyway, this year they were doing a stadium tour, and weren't going to be going to SLC. I was bummed. I was going to get tickets for sure if they had come here. (I have been saving up my incentives money for a special occasion...actually I usually spend it on scrapbook supplies, but I would have saved if for their concert had they been going to Salt Lake.) I really wanted to fly out to DC to visit my sister-in-law and her family, and then go to the concert back there, but let's face it. We don't make that kind of money. I even considered going o Dallas so we could tour Cowboys stadium. That didn't happen either.

Then I got a text from my mom asking if I'd like to go to a One Direction concert in Phoenix. I talked about it with Greg, and decided that I would be able to go. In hearing more about the trip, I was surprised to find out that my good friend Lindsay was putting this together, and a bunch of my friends had donated some money to help buy the tickets for my mom and I to fly out there and go to the concert. Needless to say, I was pretty excited.

It was one of the sweetest things anyone had ever done for me. I am so blessed to have such great friends who are willing to pitch in and do something nice for me. Thank you all. I don't know everyone who helped out, but please know how grateful I am. It was a great experience, which I will save for my next post.

1 comment

Lindsay said...

I love your obsession with 1D! I think it's great! And I'm so happy we could do this for you! You totally deserved it and it was so much fun! Love ya Bre!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall