10.13.2014

From UT to AZ...

So, the trip started Monday, September 15. Mom picked me up after work and we started our trip.


After a quick stop to clean the crazy dirty, bug splattered windshield, we were on our way. We were staying at my sister Kandyce's house that night and having Clay take us to the airport in the morning.

I got to see my adorable nephew Liam, who used to be a total cranky pants, but has turned into the cutest, funniest little guy.


We played with all his fun toys...


...and showed us his cool tricks.

I didn't know before hand, but my oldest sister was coming from Nebraska with one of her friends to attend a DoTerra convention (yes, my sister is one of "those people" ;) so it was good to see her too. We watched Austenland while Liam bounced around all happy and crazy. (Like I said, he's normally a grouch, so it was fun to see him all cute-like.)

The next morning we got up bright and earliy-ish so we could make it to the airport. One great thing about living in Utah is all the temples within such a small area. Love them.

We even drove past my work's operation center, so it was basically like I went to work. I should get paid.

When we got to the airport, I got to ride in one of these fun things. I felt a little silly, but our terminal was quite a ways away, so I'm sure it was okay.



When we got on the plane, after we had all kind of settled in, one of the airline dudes gets on the intercom and says, "Who's going to the One Direction concert?" I don't know why I thought I would have been the only one, but I was kind of surprised to hear a bunch of other girls scream. I guess I'm not the only weirdo willing to fly to go to a concert.

The flight was great. I really love flying. If I could, I'd do it more often. Seriously. I love it.


I was lucky to have my mom take this trip with me. For some reason Greg didn't want to go with me and watch me scream at barely legal hotties. But we had a lot of fun, and I'm glad she was able to go with me.

The flight was nice and short, and before I knew it, we were touching down in Arizona.

PS. I was expecting it to be super duper hot, but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too bad. Sure it was still in the 90's, but not in the 100's like it had been the days prior. I even got to experience some Arizona rain (you know, because rain is different everywhere you go!)

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall