7.19.2014

28 by 29 | Date Night 1


16 // Have 12 planned date nights with the hubby 

That equals one real(ish) date per month. We don't ever really go on dates. We just do our thing week after week. I want to actually have something planned so it's like we are actually going on a date, not just being our usual coupley selves.

Since July was slowly coming to an end and I hadn't really come up with anything to do, I ran across the above image on Pinterest, and decided that's what we'd do for our first date. On July 17, I sent Greg that image in a text and said, "You, me, tomorrow night?"

Strangely, he agreed. He even went shopping for the pizza toppings while I was at work. And he put the bread dough in. We have a bread maker, so don't expect any fancy recipe for the dough. It was quite basic, and I'm sure Pinterest has even better recipes anyway!

We both had the idea to make individual pizzas, so we heated up the oven and started rolling out the dough. About 30 seconds into it, we saw a spark, then a fire in our oven. The bottom element was burning out, literally burning. It was kind of funny. We had to get out our toaster oven to finish making them. They still turned out delicious.


 {Greg's is on top, mine are on the bottom}

Once they were done, we ate and watched, "I, Frankenstein" which was a lot better than I imagined it would be. Seeing previews I thought it looked super cheesy, but it really was quite good, and a different twist on the Frankenstein story.

Now, it really wasn't much more than what we normally do, but making a point to call it a date, and putting away our phones, ipad, and tablets for those few hours made it all the more special. Now I just need to come up with 11 more date ideas. What do you have?

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall