1.13.2013

Sunday Dinner

Growing up, I always looked forward to Sunday dinner. The actual eating, not the prepping. We always had roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, and when Teichert's introduced us to grated carrots, we never turned back. I was in charge of peeling the carrots, Brady grating them. We always fought about it too. (Let's face it, we fought about everything really.) Then when mom took the roast out, I always took a little piece from the edge (because it had the most flavor). When the gravy was made...I had to test it by dipping bread in it. It was a sad day when we didn't have bread (or just yucky wheat bread. Sorry mom!) It was delicious!

Now that I'm married, we have a similar tradition. We have roast nearly every Sunday, and it's my favorite meal of the week. (Mostly because I know I like it, and can actually eat it!) Today we had crock pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts (who knew they were so healthy!) Followed by no bake cookies for dessert. Yum!

1 comment

Lindsay said...

I grew up the same way, but Dev didn't so we don't have it every single Sunday. Cute blog by the way! :)

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall