11.27.2009

I'm Thankful For...Part 9-27

9. Electricity...even though half the power goes out quite often, I'm still grateful for it, and grateful that at least 1/2 of it stays on (and that half happens to be the circuit our computers and TV are on..THE MOST important circuit!) haha...

10. Family...I love both sides of my family, and I'm so grateful for each and everyone of them. For loving me, for being forgiving, for being there for me, and for randomly texting me about things that happened during the day.

11. Military men and women...I have quite a few family members and friends who are/were in the military, and I am truly grateful to those who are willing to risk their lives for the freedoms we enjoy today... (and of course I'm grateful for their families too!)

12. Ice cream...Nothing can be more of a comfort food than ice cream. Mint chocolate chip is my fave, of course, but almost any kind will do!

13. Laughter...especially when I'm able to laugh with Greg about the dumbest things in the world. I also love the sound of children laughing...

14. Nice hot bubble baths...so relaxing....

15. My ability to play the piano...There are very few things I feel comfortable doing in front of people...playing sports is one...playing the piano is the other. Not that I don't get nervous, because I do...but I am always willing to play the piano, and I'm grateful for all of the piano teachers I had over the years, and for their patience with me. They were all great teachers! and also being able to play the organ. Thanks grandma for teaching me how to play it!

16. Photography...i love photography so much! And I'm grateful to be able to use it to capture moments and memories and feelings.

17. Digital Scrapbooking...Yes..I'm obsessed with it. I could do it all day, everyday if I could...(wait...I pretty much do!) It's been fun to learn a new craft and to get a new hobby. Plus I get to stretch my creativity to reach new levels.

18. The Gospel and my testimony...They have both grown so much over the past few years, and I'm grateful for the principles that the gospel teaches.

19. Jesus Christ...for the sacrifice he made so that we can repent and be forgiven and be able to return to live with him.

20. My calling...Yes, I am not always happy, and yes the girls sometimes drive me crazy, but I still love them all and wouldn't want any other calling...(well, except for ward organist...see #15...hehehe)

21. My computer...what would I do without it? I have everything on here. It's my baby, and I am grateful for all the programs I am able to use on it...(and thanks mom and dad for buying it for me all those years ago!)

22. Cuddling up in nice fuzzy socks and a nice fuzzy blanket on a cold day...

23. Texting...yes..I'm grateful for texting...it's the only way Greg and I can communicate while he's at work...or in the other room...(hahahaha!) Plus...texting is great when you want to talk to someone, but don't necessarily want to talk to them in person or on the phone...(lol..come on, you know I'm right!)

24. Positive people...what great examples they are. I strive to be positive everyday...and I'm grateful for those who are able to always be positive.

25. Ramen Noodles...The most healthy and nutritious lunch a girl could ask for! (okay...insert quick for healthy, and easy for nutritious! That sounds better!) But I love ramen noodles! So delicious! (i may go make me some now...)

26. Pizza...Papa Johns is the best EVER...but I could have a cheese Little Caesar's pizza (with their cheese sticks of course) anyday! (ummm...I'm kinda unhealthy!!! Just a little bit though...)

27. My wonderful husband who is so thoughtful and funny and kind....and makes a killer turkey!!! (Oh my gosh! We had the BEST Turkey yesterday...seriously so delicious!!!) and I love him! lol

Hope you all had a fantastical Thanksgiving, and for those who decided to take on the Black Friday crowds. I hope you made it out alive while I was safely in my warm bed dreaming about stealing people's wedding rings at the beach then giving them back to the people...

don't ask...I am weird sometimes...i know...

1 comment

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

thanks for sharing. we certainly have much to be grateful for. love ya lots and glad you had a great thanksgiving.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall