11.25.2009

I'm Thankful For...Part 8

Friends: I have had a lot of good friends through the years. I was lucky enough to live in a small town where you pretty much have to be friends with everyone, but it was a good thing because I became super good friends with people I normally wouldn't.

I was very lucky to make friends with the younger girls, Jenna and Lindsay...lol...I have a lot of funny memories of these two...Dressing up for halloween, driving down Stoner Ave, letting Lindsay drive my car when she was only 14 (maybe 15! So scary!) haha...A day trip to Evanston with Jenna. Volleyball and basketball trips...Even now that it's been many years later, and I don't stay in touch with them as much as I could/should...I know that if I were to call either of them on the phone, we'd be able to chat it up like the old days.

Even younger than them, thanks to a special ward girl's camp we had, I made friends with some 8th graders my senior year. Camille and Talisha became fast best friends. Even though they are a lot younger than I am, I had a lot of fun talking to them and hanging out. Now that we are all graduated, and again, I don't see them as much as I'd like to or talk, when i do see them it's great to get a big hug and be able to re-connect our friendship (haha...is that even a real term?!)

Of course, there are the girls in my HS class. For the most part all 5 of us have been together forever...at least that's what it seems. Not that we never had fights, because we sure did...but at the end of the day we were still friends.
(Sorry Tiff isn't in this pic!)

I made some awesome friends through my photography class. Photography was awesome...having only 6 people in the class we were all able to become good friends. One in that class became my best friend during my senior year, and I'll always be grateful for that. Two were my cousins, and boy oh boy...was that fun to be able to hang out with them in class (especially when Forrest wasn't there! lol) and two were foreign exchange students. One from Sweden (Sofie), one from Germany (Jana). Jana was also on my basketball team (of 7 girls!), she had never played before, so it was fun to teach her and watch her learn, and get to know her better. Before she left to go back to Germany, she gave me a picture of me and her taken at regional basketball. On the back she wrote "Friends Forever." and I'll always treasure it!

After HS I met some great friends at college. It was pretty easy to meet friends because of volleyball, I instantly had 15 friends. (again with the fighting..haha! a whole other story!) I knew most of them from visiting Kandyce while she was at Western, but it was still fun to be able to hang out with them and talk to them...though I do wish I would have hung out with some of them more. But I was able to make some friends for life through that experience.

Of course I met my BESTESTESTEST friend at college. I never expected to meet a BFFFFFFFF there, but I did, and I'm grateful for it. (One of the best things I gained from going to school in the hole of Wyoming!) But I met my husband. The first night we met we talked all night long, and every night since then. I love him so much, and he truly is my best friend!
Since being in Logan, I have met a few more great friends. I met a lot of great people working. One of them being my friend Shay. She was the very first person I met there, she trained me, and we were instant friends. When I got moved to the service desk (taking her spot! lol...not really...the boss just didn't like her for some reason..) and she moved to the office...we would spend A LOT of time talking on the phone! It's surprising we got any work done. Everyday we were able to talk and complain and just laugh with one another. Sadly...once she left work to have her baby, we haven't been able to hang out as much...though we recently re-connected and have decided to become friends again...lol, even though we STILL haven't hung out. But she is a great friend, and she will always be my friend. (And Shay if you're reading this...we should do something sometime! haha!)

I have also made friends through my calling in the YW and volleyball...Both the girls and the leaders and coaches I work with. It's been fun to meet new girls, and see their different personalities...

Alright, this turned out to be REALLY long, and I didn't meant it to be. But I am grateful for the many friends I've had throughout the years. The ones I've listed here aren't even all of them, so if you're my friend, and I didn't list you..don't be offended...I still love you, and I'm grateful for all of those who have been examples and friends to me.

THE END! (For now...I still have like 17 more to get caught up on!)

1 comment

Lindsay said...

Bre I love that pic! Oh my gosh, I forgot all about our cool costumes! And Stoner Avenue. Good times. I miss the old days and all my friends!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall