11.10.2009

I'm Thankful For...Part 4

Good books. At the beginning of summer the bookstore in the mall was having a closeout sale, so Greg and I went in and found a lot of books for 50% off. Since then I've found more and more books that I have loved and usually get a good deal on them. I have always loved reading. I even remember the first chapter book I read...Sweet Valley Kids: Runaway Hampster. Then onto Nancy Drew, Ariana series, and so on and so forth. I have a hard time finding books I like, because I really don't like the adult fiction books. So I decided to just check out the Young Adult section, and I've found a ton of books I like (and before you make fun of me for reading young adult books...Twilight is young adult...! ;) But anyway, so here are some good reads that I have found and loved!

I love series. Because if I like the first one, there's a good chance I'll like the next ones...then I don't have to look for books I want to read..

I bought the first one used, and really liked it. The rest of the series is alright, but kind of drags out. I think I skimmed through most of the 4th book. AND there's one more! All I can say is she better marry Marcus or I'll be VERY upset! These are by Megan McCafferty.

This is another series that I liked, but REALLY drags on. There are also 5 in this series. I haven't read #5 yet (and just checked out #4 from the library). They're about some friends who had one friend die and no one knew why or how. Then the other friends start getting threatening texts from A who knows things that only the friend that died knew, and if they tell anyone about it, the stalker will tell people their secrets. She also kills one of the girls because she figured out who was sending the texts. But I'm kind of annoyed because they find out who the killer is in #4, so that killer goes to jail, then in 5 someone else is back stalking them. Really...just let it end! lol..but still good. They're by Sara Shepard

Sarah Dessen has become one of my favorite authors. Her books are probably the cleanest non-LDS books that I've read. These aren't a series, but they are SOOOO GOOD! Just Listen was the first one I bought, and I LOVEDDDDDDD it! It made me cry, and was so good. A definite must-read.

Of course...Twilight...#2 is by far my fave!!! and I still hate #4...but I can't wait for the movie to come out...Taylor Lautner...mmmmm....

These books take place in the early 1900s (I think..lol)...It's interesting to read books that take place so long ago, and to read how different times were. I really enjoyed this series. There are three out, and #4 comes out soon, and I can't wait to read it! These are by Anna Godbersen.

These are the books I was reading when I was having terrible nightmares about being a vampire/vampire killer. These are really clean as well...and easy reads, only downfall is they all are pretty much the same story...just with different characters. There is one more to this series as well. These are by L.J. Smith (author of the Vampire Diaries...the dudes on that show...mmmm!)

Alright...this is HANDS DOWN my favorites series! Yes...there are a lot of them...these are the ones we bought in the closeout sale. Well, the first 4. The rest I have bought since then. There is another one out now that I have yet to get...(I REALLY want it!) lol...and Another one coming out March 9! These are a good easy read. I have read the entire series at least 10 times...No lie! Love them, and can't wait to read the next two. (this one kinda drags on too, but I don't care...I totally love it!) They are by Kate Brian. There is a web series for this book and it totally sucks...Just thought I'd throw that out there! :)

Also by Kate Brian, this is a spin-off of the Private series. Love these ones too. There is a third one out that I have yet to read as well...Geeze, I gotta get on this!

this is just a portion of all our books. We have SO MANY! I love it!
What good reads have you found? Let me know...I'm in a lull right now! :)

PS...Don't you love the orange carpet! You are totally jealous! ADMIT IT!

8 comments

Lindsay said...

Wow Bre! That is awesome you read so many books! I love reading, but don't do it enough. I'll have to check out some of these that you suggested. Oh and by the way, it's Taylor Lautner, not Tyler..;) I'm obsessed with everything about Twilight, that is how I know and caught that. haha I'm pathetic I know!

bre said...

haha!! I was close at least...I'll just go fix that so we can pretend it never happened! :) lol...Either way he's a total hottie!

Anonymous said...

ha...Love it! I just started reading the Vampire Diaries and so far really good! I like reading Teen books rather then Adult ones. They are more G rated then Adult. ha

Ben Davis said...

I've been reading the Vampire Academy series. They're pretty good. Intense and full of drama. I read 3 of 4 books in 2 weeks (don't ask me what my kids did during that time). I'm a sucker for the teen section as well. And I'm almost 30. Pathetic I know. I'm also reading The Immortals series. Those are pretty good too. I've never heard of any of the books you've read but just might have to check them out.

Shari Davis said...

Sorry. That last comment was made by ME and NOT Ben!!! lol

Shane & Torey said...

awesome post.. i have been wondering what to read lately and i think this gives me a good start cause there are only so many LDS books you can read LOL! :)

Aubrey Anne Boyer said...

i can't make fun of you for reading YA fiction because i do too. i actually also read A LOT of junior fiction and fantasy which is even younger, sooo....... it's all good. buck won't let me buy books that i can get from the library though. so i'm keeping a data base of what i've read and want to read and someday i'll buy my favorites for my kids cause i don't want them to watch too much tv. anyway... i'm mad at you for making this post because now my list of books that i want to read is even BIGGER and there's already hundreds. guess i'll have to get reading even faster!

Aubrey Anne Boyer said...

i forgot to put books that i recommend. if you like mystery there's some books by kerry blair called mummy's the word and ghost of a chance about this private detective chick. they're kind of funny and entertaining quick reads. also some YA fiction that i liked are the GILDA JOYCE series by jennifer allison. i thought they were way cute and quite entertaining. don't get mad if you read them and don't like them though. it's just my opinion.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall