11.01.2009

I'm Thankful For...Part 1

HEALTH!!!!

Last Saturday my throat started hurting, and I was REALLY hoping that I wasn't getting sick. A bunch of the girls on my volleyball team have been really sick, and being around that all week, it wouldn't have surprised me if I did get sick, but I hoped I wasn't going to. Well, Sunday we had stake conference, but I gotta admit, I just slept in...and I woke up starting to feel a little achey. Not horrible, but not fun. That night was HORRIBLE for sleeping though. I had a terrible headache, and to make things worse, I COULD NOT SLEEP! Well, I could, but every time I seemed to close my eyes, I started having MESSED up dreams! Seriously so weird! I've been reading vampire books lately, and in my dreams I was one of the girls trying to kill bad vampires. I thought I was going crazy! It was so bad. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep! Well, my sickness continued throughout the week. It was bad. I have never been sick for so long, so it was NOT fun! The worst part is I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING! It was the last week of volleyball too, but I didn't go to any practices, and I missed one game. I was going to go to the game, but one of the coaches had a baby not to long ago, premature, so I didn't want to risk getting her sick, in addition to the girls on my team. So I just stayed home. I did go to our last home game, but I was miserable the whole time. Needless to say, I'm glad it's over! I am feeling a little better today, but still have a nasty cough! As long as I can sleep at night, though, I'm not too concerned. I'll survive, but it still really makes me grateful for my health! I don't know how I would handle it if I were constantly sick with any other type of disease...Sometimes I think I have colitis, but sometimes I don't...(haha...that's probably only funny to the people who know what I'm talking about!) But still. I'm grateful to have my health, and even though it SUCKS to have a cold, I know that it will go away soon enough, and I will be healthy again! :)

Happy November 1 everyone!

2 comments

Lindsay said...

Being sick is the worst. And I'd almost rather get the flu that usually only lasts a day or two then you're better. The cold is almost worst because it lingers and its just miserable! I'm glad you're feeling a little better, hopefully the cough will go away soon! And happy November to you too! I love this time of year!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

shaI'm glad you are feeling better too. It is no fun being sick. Love ya and have a great day.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall