2.09.2009

randomness...really LONG randomness...

So...update...hmmm...well...

Not much going on still. Just takin it day by day. Last Sunday was the Super Bowl. We had our friends Steve & Chelsea and their little girl over as well as Shaina. We made my mom's pork chops which turned out DELICIOUS (in my opinion!) Lol..It was pretty exciting, I suppose. As exciting as Super Bowl Sunday can be. I think we spent more time in the kitchen than we did watching..But it was still fun to hang out with friends and play with little Aida (who loved me...btw)...

Wednesday we had new beginnings. We had a great turnout. After our not-so-great turn-out at YW in Excellence, we were a little worried, but it turned out really well...despite me being late with the food..lol, you know how when you time things "perfectly" but then it never turns out that way? Yeah, that happened. But...overall it was a good night. The 3 graduating seniors helped plan it, and they did a great job. I've only known them for a little while, but they are such awesome girls. I'm gonna really miss them...

Thursday before Greg went to work we were in our bedroom and there was a really wet spot by our closet. We have had problems with our pipes in the past, so we were a little worried. We went out and looked and there was a huge iceicle hanging right below where our water heater was. Sure enough our water heater was leaking. Greg couldn't do much because he had to leave for work, so he texted Steve and Steve came over to look at it. he brought his little girl again, so I got to babysit. lol, she wasn't so happy to see me this time. but...Steve was able to get it fixed, and hopefully that solved the problem. We haven't found any really wet spots again, so we think it'll be okay. Thanks Steve!

So...After reading Twilight, i decided I needed to get another good book/series. I hate looking for books because I don't ever know the authors, so I would usually grab some of the discount books..which, now I realize why they were discounted. It got a little frustrating, so I thought, hmmm...maybe I'll check the "young adult" section (where Twilight books are..) haha, so yeah, you can make fun of my for reading young adult books, but isn't that what I am? a young adult? Anyway...I found a vampire series to read, and holy crap. I can't believe what these authors put in these books. They are about HS students doing not so good stuff. I just couldn't believe it. It really makes me wonder about some authors. Like really, why would they put some of those things in books and expect teenagers to read them? I wouldn't want my teenager to read them. I wasn't even comfortable reading it...(not to mention the witchcraft and devil worshipping in it that creeped me out!) A few weeks ago, the bookstore in the mall was having a going out of business sale, so we went in. I found another series to read that is a LOT better than the last one. Yes I got it out of the "young adult" section, and yeah it's full of drama and whatnot..but I actually didn't mind this series. The series is called Private, and is by Kate Brian. There are 8 books in the series, but they are short. I really have enjoyed them, and I'm reading them again (because the next 2 don't come out for a while...) lol. I'm letting Shaina borrow them right now, so I'll see what she thinks. But if you like all sorts of drama...you'll like these books...(Linds, I'm thinking you'd like them! lol..) But yeah..anyway..that's random, and long, and I'm sorry...just trying to think of things to say...

Well, thats about it...I'm leaving you with this super cute page I made. ummm, Shari I have a favor for you, but I will email you...lol...has to do with kids pictures, because ALL of my pages are pictures of Lilli..But I'm okay with that. This page makes me laugh, so hopefully you will laugh too. It's made with Tracie Stroud's Sugar and Spice kit. If you're into digi scrappin..go pick it up! She's got some AWESOME kits...anyway...enjoy!

2 comments

Stephanie Kay said...

That is such a cute scrapbook page. I might have to do some digital scrapbooking, it looks amazing! So do you think those books you are reading are as good as Twilight? Better?

Brittney K. said...

Lol, That was one of my favorite post on lilli...poor shari, she was sooo sick and tierd of being prego already. good thing Lil had the entertainment on lockdown haha...you have piqued my interest in digi-scrapbooking...i may try it out.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall