12.27.2008

Another LONG one...

Alright, so this is going to be a long post, with lots of pictures, mostly random. Christmas at our home was really good. It's not at all what I am used to, but I'm growing to enjoy it more and more each year. It's just a real relaxing day. The best part about being "newlyweds" is being able to create our own traditions. One of our traditions is staying up all night, usually playing Xbox, and going to bed at about 5 or 6 in the morning. That may seem strange, and it may change as we get older, but it's just something that we've done every year, and the story behind it is why I love it so much. Then, of course we sleep in. I'm used to opening presents early in the morning, but this year I think we only opened maybe 2 or 3 of our presents, and then saved the rest for yesterday and today...another weird one, I know...but I don't mind it. I knew what I was getting, so I made sure I opened the ones I really wanted to play with first! :) Then we had a dinner and have spent the past few days relaxing. It's been super nice! Hopefully everyone else had a wonderful Christmas as well! I've been WAITING for posts on everyone else's Christmas......

Anyway...so my past few posts I have been whining about how there is NO SNOW in Logan, well...It has been coming slowly, so I thought I would document it's progress! :)

These two are some of the first real snow this year. We have kind of gotten snow, but this is the most we got...
These pictures show the amount that fell on our bushes...
There have been many times that Greg will call me from school and tell me how cool something looks and that we should get a picture. Well, this particular day, after his last finals of the semester! (YAHOO!!) He called and told me to get my camera and meet him out at the car. He said the clouds and the sky looked way cool, so he came home and got me and we drove back up to campus. I have to agree with him. It looks way cool.. (To see more, go <--HERE-->)
Later that night looked even cooler!
The lighting was so awesome. There were some places where the mountains looked like they were on fire. Totally cool...
So obviously there wasn't much snow after that first little bit...This next picture shows the difference between the first snowfall, and the second...YAY! (They were taken about the same place on our porch)
The mountains look so cool when its snowing on them...(this was before the big fall) Then the second shows how much we got...
Our newest decoration...
Mmkay...so I really love the snow, don't get me wrong. If you can't tell by the pictures I've been posting lately, Greg and I live in a "mobile home subdivision" aka, a trailer park. Unfortunately Greg and I don't have a driveway like some of the other houses have, so we park on the street. Every fall we get letters from the park manager reminding us of things to do to winter-proof our trailers. One of the things on the list says something about when they plow, they will do the middle first, then we need to move our cars to the middle so they can do the sides...Yeah right!!! seriously, are we supposed to GUESS when they are going to plow? Well, we have NEVER yet moved our car to the middle of the street, beause we don't know when they are going to plow! Well...Christmas night we got hit with a HUGE snowstorm! (YAY, right?!) Until we go out the next morning to this.....(top pics are BEFORE, bottom are AFTER)
UGH!!! I was SO MAD!! I mean really? Are the people who plow that inconsiderate? I should be happy that they plow, but who does this? There were some footsteps up to our door that morning, so I hope it wasn't them telling us they were going to plow...haha, I'd feel pretty dumb, but STILL!! So annoying! The white car (if you can tell which is which!) is in front, and the one we drive around town, and it took about 30 minutes to dig us out! We haven't tried to dig out the blue car...I'm not sure I want to! But yeah..so that's what we get to deal with all winter! I just get so mad about it! Even one night when Greg was at work, and the white car was gone, they plowed, but didn't plow where we usually park the white car. AHH!! Oh well..lol, we get to laugh about it at least! (Until the next time we get totally STUCK!)

Here is Greg digging us out! :) lol..it is kinda funny...And the sky looks totally cool. (look at it in the one above with the blue car too)
Our porch....lol
And some pics from Christmas Eve/Day...

Here's Greg playing, NFL Head Coach on the Xbox AND Baseball on the computer! lol...Oh, how I love him! :)
Oh Christmas Tree....
Here's greg and I on Christmas day. I got a new "cheap" camera (so I don't have to haul my other camera everywhere and risk having it lost or stolen). I know the colors aren't very good, but oh well...the flash was blinding, so I turned it off...lol
Our Christmas day meal...Turkey, Gravy, Mushrooms, Shrimp, stuffing, potatos, yams, oysters (didn't try them! :S), pecan pie...It was DELICIOUS!!!
And that was our Christmas! Hopefully everyone else enjoyed theirs as much as we did. I didn't get the Christmas cards out on time, so you may get them around New Years Eve/probably after! :)

Anyway...i thought since I probably bored you with that...I would leave you with some pictures of some cute kids that I never see. But I'm not complaining (too much), Ben and Shari were nice enough to send us a bunch of pics, and since I'm sure they're busy, I thought I would share them with everyone! (see how easy this is you guys? :) I love the first one of Lilli and the twins. So cute. I miss them! And I'm not exactly sure who is who, but I am GUESSING, the one in stripes is Alex and the other is Aidan...(I have no idea how or why i'd know that, but just guessing...Shari or Ben can correct me if I'm wrong! :)
Cute right? Anyway...I'm out, for now....Stay tuned for more...My sweet husband took me to Twilight last night (this morning, I guess it was...) so you'll get to hear my thoughts on that incredibly....interesting? movie! Love you all!

4 comments

Shari Davis said...

That was a good guess. You're right, Alex is in the striped outfit and Aidan is the other one. I'm glad you liked the pics. They're all getting so big. Miss you and I'm glad to see you had a great Christmas! Love you!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Love the post! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas and are starting traditions of your own. Love the pic of Greg playing 2 games at once. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Brittney K. said...

WOOOHOO PICTURES! I have been stalking evryones pages for new pics of Lilli and the boys! I guess the same as you..nice to see that we both guessed right! Looks like i found the place for pics :)

Stephanie Kay said...

Looks like your Christmas was so much fun! I love your new little Christmas decoration. It is really cute. Well I hope you guys have a great new year as well!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall