12.23.2008

Another Christmas Tag

Alright, so I'm sorry this is lame. I don't have much to blog. I could post some pics, but I am too lazy right now to get them on my computer....I'll maybe do that later tonight. We'll see...for now.... (I'm pretty sure I did this one last year...oh well!) Enjoy anyway...

1. Do you like hot chocolate or egg nog?
Definitely hot chocolate...though I've actually never had any egg nog...just doesn't sound good, so I won't try it...
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
Wraps them...It's more fun that way, even if you already know what it is...
3. Colored or white lights on tree/house?
COLORED!!! What's with white lights all you lame-o people!!! :)
4. When do you put up your decorations?
Well...this year we did it the second week in November. It would have been sooner, but my in-laws stayed the night around the 11, and since we didn't want them to have to sleep under the tree...but usually sometime in early November when we get the Halloween lights down...
5. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Uhhh.....Nothing really jumps out at me...I just always loved getting treats from our family friends...
6. What is your favorite holiday memory from your childhood?
I think it will always be decorating Gram's Christmas tree. I don't know why, but that was always the funnest. Going to the SCARY basement to get the trunks of decorations, the tinsel that always got all over us, the mistle toe, then singing Christmas songs when we were done. I loved it! Also, me and Brady sleeping in each others rooms (or the younger kids in our rooms) and waking up at like 2 in the AM (really!) and watching "A Christmas Story" over and over...We did that up until I left home...haha
7. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
Sure thing!
8. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Ummm...lights, and random ornaments. While I think trees that are coordinated (I don't know another word..) are really pretty, I prefer just the randomness.
9. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love it! I wish it would SNOW a whole lot more than it is! It's driving me CRAZY!
10. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I don't remember a single favorite. I had lots. I got a bracelet making kit, stamp kit, my first digital camera, all my crafty/scrapbooking stuff, then in the past few years, my nice digital camera, and my tablet for my computer...But all my Christmases have been great, it's hard to single out a favorite!
11. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Giving/service....and spending time with my hubby!
12. What is your favorite Christmas dessert?
Probably sugar cookies? I don't know....
13. What tops your tree?
There is a star on ours
14. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I like both, but prefer to give. Though I don't actually buy it, everytime I shop, I find things to buy for anyone and everyone...
15. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I think Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" song is a fave...but hymn-wise, I like Joy to the World and I like playing With Wandering Awe (?) They're all faves though. Just not lame ones that people thing they are clever to write, but in reality they suck! :)
16.Candy canes?
Just the miniature ones. Not a huge fan though...
17. Secret Santa?
I loved doing the 12 Days of Christmas when I was younger.
18. Favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story, Elf
19. Can you ice skate?
I haven't been ice skating since I was about 10. I don't actually remember how old I was, but it was like the only year they made an ice skating rink in Cokeville.
20. Have you experienced a Christmas miracle?
....Maybe? That's a good questions....I'll be thinking about that one for a while...

I tag anyone who wants to do this!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall