6.22.2008

Volleyball...

Holy cow...I feel like I have been gone FOREVER!! We had a team volleyball camp this weekend down in Salt Lake area at  Hunter High School. Although it was a lot of fun, and an excellent tournament for the girls...It was SO LONG!! We left Wednesday afternoon at 4:00 and got home Saturday at about 4:00. I got so incredibly homesick. I was ready to come home on Thursday. lol...oh well...it was still a lot of fun.

We had 8 girls who went (4 jrs, 4 srs.) and Lacey (head coach) and me. There were 11 teams who went to the tournament, and we ended up placing 3rd. It was so awesome. For not playing together in a year, they did so well...There was a bit of drama (they're girls, what can you expect, lol), but we were able to overcome that and pull together as a stronger team. They got a lot of playing time, and it was fun to see the potential that they have for this upcoming season. We played 4 games on Thursday, but didn't do so hot. we lost 3 and won 1. Friday we did a complete turn-around and won all 4, then this morning we played 2 and won both before heading into tournament play. We played 2 more teams in the tourney play, and won the first but lost the second. I really think we could have taken the tourney, but I was happy with how well they did...it really didn't matter. I love the girls I work with. We have so much fun together, and they are all super fun and cute girls. It was a really good weekend, despite the longness of it! :)

We did some fun activities, which I will explain in my next post with some funny pictures. I am too lazy to go through and pick a few. we took almost 200 pictures...so I have to go through and pick the ones I like! but yeah...I'm SOO GLAD to be home and be back with my husband, who I missed like CRAZY!!! Yay for being home!

2 comments

Lindsay said...

Hey! Sounds like fun, but I'd be homesick too, mostly for my husband! haha Anyway, that's cool you had the camp at Hunter High School, that's where Dev went to High School and its like a block away from where he grew up and where his parents still live! Crazy! Well I can't wait to see pics!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Sounds like your girls did a really good job over the weekend. Hopefully that is a sign of good things to come for your v-ball season. I'm glad you had a fun time, but I know how it is to be away from your "honey-bunches-of-O's" for that long. :) Wish Lilli and Shari were feeling better and we would have had more time so we could have met up with you. It would have been fun to see you. Anyway, Love and Miss you guys, MOM

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall