3.29.2015

The Not-So-Awesome Happenings Part 1

Truth be told, I can be a LITTLE dramatic sometimes. I blame it on my childhood and upbringing, because I don't want to take responsibility for myself. One of the negatives to being on a "mood regulator" is that I either feel super AWESOME, super CRAPPY, or super nothing at all. Major moodswings for sure.

Well, sometime the beginning of February, my co-worker Donna was in my manager's office. She was in there for quite a while, and it looked like some tears were being shed. I tried asking Steve what was going on, but he just kept saying, "You'll find out next" or "I don't know anything." I knew he was lying, because he's a big fat liar! (JK, but I can tell when something is up with him that he's not telling me.) Usually I can get it out of him, but he stood his ground, even though I should have been better at the hints he accidentally left.

I thought for sure that Donna was announcing that she was leaving, whether for another job here in the valley, or a bit more far-fetched, taking a job within the CU down in Salt Lake Area. It had me worried because I love Donna. Of all my teller co-workers, she has been the most amazing one to work with, and talk to. I'd go crazy if she left. When she came out, you could see that she had been crying, but then she signaled me that it was my turn to go talk to Danny.

I head in there and shut the door, anxiously awaiting the "bad news". I did not expect to hear what he told me next. He would be leaving the credit union to move to, Cheyenne, Wyoming (I know, right?!) as he had accepted a job at another CU there. Talk about a major shock. In the nearly five years that I've been with the CU, I thought for sure that I would be the one to leave, and that Danny and Steve would be there forever.

It really affected me in a way that I can't explain. I think you would have to know my relationship with Danny. (I have to be careful with my words here, in case he is reading this.... ;) Let's just say that I was probably his least favorite employee to get into "discussions" with. I pushed his buttons, and he pushed mine, however, we got over the anger/frustration and it didn't get too awkward.

But, he had been there for me a lot over the last five years. He was there when I got sick, and helped me adjust my schedule to be the best for me. He listened to me complain about my frustrations at work, and encourage me every step of the way. It was hard to hear that he was leaving. I shed some tears, quite a few actually.

I had a lot of thoughts and fears, which I won't get into, but I was really concerned how it would affect the dynamics of the branch. Not even kidding that we are the best group of employees. We all get along. We are all so different, but our personalities mesh so well, and we are all hard workers, making work both fun and effective. So, for this little shake up, who knew what was going to happen.

Who knew indeed! To be continued....

(See, dramatic!)

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall