3.19.2015

February Happenings

February was another month that just kind of flew by. There wasn't a lot that happened, but the things that did happen were kind of tough at some points.

First things first though. Valentines day and Greg's birthday. We kept things pretty simple, like we always do, when it came to Valentines day. I had to work, then we got Texas Roadhouse to go. We had a gift card so we went big and got the prime rib and an onion blossom. It was very delicious. I'd give it a 9/10. Then we just chilled at home and watched movies and TV.


Kandyce asked me if I could make some Valentine's cards for a little exchange she was taking Liam to. I made him some Mickey Mouse ones, and she said that he wouldn't put them down.


Greg's birthday fell on the Sunday after Valentines day. We were lucky and got to speak on prayer. We spoke with a missionary in our stake who recently returned from him mission. He took up a lot of time, then I spoke for about 10 minutes (even though it didnt feel that long.) Then Greg spoke last. It went well.i dont mind speaking anymore, not sure why. I just don't have that fear, however, I do dislike preparing the talks. But its all good. That was only the second time I have had to speak since being married, and 4th time in my life. I cant complain too much.

After church we had cake, and Greg blew out his trick candles that he picked out. Then we ate cake, and later had dinner. Again, pretty low key. Crazy that 10 years ago me and that then 23 year old were planning our wedding. We are so old now (especially him!) Happy 33 to Greg!




I'm going to skip the depressing parts for now, but don't you worry. I will share them. Oh, trust me, I will!

I was able to take off on a Thursday afternoon to go to Cokeville to watch Kennan's last home basketball game. I have only seen him a handful of times, which is quite sad, because he is quite good. Kandyce, Liam, & Myka were there too, so it was fun to be able to spend time with them.

Silly boy "eating" my sandwich. He's such a stinker!




Then we headed into town to watch the games. We got there halfway through the girl's game, so it was a lot of fun to be able to watch them play. They are all such amazingly beautiful girls. I love being able to see them play and compete. Plus their coaches are my same coaches, so it's always fun to watch them in action and see them yelling at someone else for a change.


And then the boys played. Baby bro is a captain, which is awesome. He has played varsity since he was a freshman, and I couldn't be more proud!




Also funny, his coach was my volleyball coach. I think seeing him yell/swear at the boys fits him more, though he was an awesome coach, and I was lucky to play for him and my dad. I just think boys can take the yelling/swearing better than girls (and yes, yelling & swearing went hand in hand with him! :)


It was a great night, and fun to watch them play well. Kennan did so awesome, and I loved being able to watch him play.

As far as the good things that happened in February, that was about it. I'll post the not-so happy February stuff soon. It just goes along with what's happening now, so I can't jump ahead just yet. Too much life to cover first!

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall