4.25.2010

LONG POST AHEAD!

Alright, first....I GOT A JOB! haha...I have been 'trying' for the past 2+ years to get a job (okay, not really trying too hard until the past year or so!) Well, I have applied to about 20 jobs via email, and didn't hear anything. Finally I got a call one morning from a guy from one of the banks I applied at. He wanted to do a phone interview, so I went ahead and did it. After the phone interview he said that they'd let me know by Tuesday (it was Thursday when he called) After I got off the phone, I just felt so calm and peaceful. For the past few months I've been feeling on edge and really...I don't even know how to explain it, but it kinda sucked to be honest with ya...lol...But after that I felt SO CALM. Well, Tuesday came, and I was up at 8 in the am WAITING for the call...lol...well, Greg went to work at 4:30, and about 4 we were sitting there talking about how frustrating it was and I just started crying. I was SOOO frustrated because that was the ONLY contact that I'd had in the past 2 years. Well, Greg goes to work, and about 4:35 I get a call from the place wanting to do a second interview! I WAS SOOOO EXCITED! But also super nervous. I had Greg give me a blessing because I just wanted to do well, and have the confidence that I'd been lacking. I thought the interview went REALLY well. The manager is from Wyoming (rawlins) so we were able to talk and joke about how great it was. I didn't know how I felt about the interview. There's always so many things I wish I'd said once I left, but I'm sure that's how it is for everyone. But he told me he would let me know by Friday.

So, Friday came and went, and needless to say, I was pretty upset. Back to the beginning! So I sent out about 5 more applications that day....Well, the next thursday I woke up at about 8, and I looked at my phone to see what time it was. My phone had no service, and it wouldn't show me the time. I had to look at the world clock to see, but decided to just go back to sleep. I woke up at about 11:30 and my phone still had no service...so I got out of bed, and restarted it. Once it pulled up it showed I had a voicemail, so I checked it thinking it was one of the other places I had just applied to. To my SURPRISE, it was the first guy I intereviewed with saying, "I just talked to Danny, and I have some good news for you." Oh my heck, I couldn't stop smiling! I was so excited, so I called him back, and I got the job. I don't know if I was just too impatient and I thought he might the Friday before, or the next Friday...or maybe they offered it to the other two (there were only 3 interviews) and they didn't want it...lol, but I don't care either way. I got the job, and I'm SOOO excited about it. It's at a bank, and I have a great shift, and only have to work every other Saturday. I'm super excited, and I know that this will be a good job for me. The Lord knows what is best for me and Greg, and even if it took this long, and though I would get frustrated, I knew that we would be okay. It's really not like I HAVE to get a job, but it will help. So I can't wait. I start tomorrow and have to do training in SLC this week. We'll see how it goes. I'm nervous/excited/anxious! I hope it goes well! :D

(oh, and this is a total side note, but in the past week since I accepted the job, I heard back from TWO other places I applied!! What the heck?!? oh well....at least I know that 2 other people who need jobs will get those jobs!) But thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! I'll let you know how it goes!!

5 comments

Angie said...

Congratulations on the job, Bre. I'm glad for you. Good jobs are hard to come by. You'll be great!

Lindsay said...

That is great Bre! :) Interviewing and trying to find a job is very stressful and I totally know how that feeling goes! But I'm glad you got it! I hope you have the Satruday off that we're meeting in SLC! I'm so excited to hang out with all you girls!

mel said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I am so excited for you. I think this job will be great for you too! But remember "always wash your hands!":)

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

yea!!

Shari Davis said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SO happy for you Bre!! I love you and thanks for loving on my babies! They sure do love you! Oh and Lilli had a blast at your house!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall