4.03.2010

Georgia Trip - Part 2

Well, after a LOOOONG day 1, I was looking forward to sleeping in! Little did I know that Lilli would come into the room SUPER early!!! After ignoring her, I was able to go back to sleep for a little while only to be woken up a little later by the boys chatting away. It was a good wake-up, but I was still EXHAUSTED! But it's okay. It was all worth it. With the boys sleeping most of the day, it was fun to be able to play with them when I could...even if it meant waking up at 6:30 (my time!) I don't remember all the exact details of each day, so I'll just summarize and highlight the high points....there could be a lot of pictures in this post. I didn't take many pictures the first couple of days, but I have a lot from the last few.

Wednesday & Thursday I don't think we did too much. We did go to Shari's friend's house on Wednesday, and we went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, so I was able to see a LITTLE of the Grovetown area. The first thing I noticed were all the trees! Tall trees! It was way cool. I can't even imagine how pretty it is there in the summer when everything doesn't look...well...dead...haha...It also rained pretty much the entire time I was there. Which I also loved! I love rain, and these rain storms were crazy cool. Wednesday it was raining and the wind was blowing, and the power went out. It was out for quite a while too, until we finally decided to find the flashlights...and as soon as we did, the power came back on.

Friday we took a trip to Augusta to go to Target. It's not too far of a drive, but is SO pretty! Trees line the highway/freeway...it reminded me of the short trip I took in from Springfield, MO to West Plains, MO. It was raining then too, and was GORGEOUS!!! We walked around Target for a while...Lilli is a hoot! She had to touch EVERYTHING...it was quite comical, and if you've ever seen the MAD TV Dot and ADD...that is totally how Lilli is. She has to touch everything and has an attention span of about 5 seconds. But she's cute and I still love her! It's just really funny to actually watch her act like that. Way funny. Here are a couple of pics from this day...

Cute little Aidan. He always had to have either keys, or my cell phone in his hands at all times. and I love this face that he makes..right before breaking into his big ol' cute smile!
Lilli, "Take a picture of me Aunt Breanne." At least she is looking at the camera...lol..just wait and see how she is...
Alex...ahhh, I love this little boy...he's the happiest kid ever. A little stinker though (just like his big sis!)
We were in Target and this cute little boy was playing the PS. Lilli, of course, went up to him and asked if she cute play. He was SO cute and tried to tell her how to play by showing her which buttons to push. He was super cute...

When we first got to Target, it was a little cloudy outside, nothing major, but when we were done shopping, it was POURING rain!! Crazy rain! Of course none of the kids had jackets, so we had to run to the van, and by the time we got there, we were all soaked! The kids loved it though. Any chance to go outside, and Lilli of course LOVES playing in water/rain, so she really enjoyed it, and wanted to stop and jump in puddles. It really was crazy though. I don't think I've ever seen it rain so hard!
I don't know if you can tell, but his hair is soaking wet.
and Alex has water dripping down his face.
And Lilli wanted another picture...haha...(I did it in black and white because she had major red eye, and I was too lazy to try and fix it!) But she's still super cute!
Here we are at Wal-Mart...I stayed in the van with the kids so we didn't have to get them out in the rain again. It was so pretty, and those trees are just a small portion of how many trees there are there.
hmmm...yeah, so that's enough for right now! I'll post more later...but it was fun, and I have to say that I love that Georgia rain!!!

1 comment

Lindsay said...

I bet the rain there is awesome! Nothing like the little showers we get here I bet! Those kids are such cuties! I think it's great you went out there to visit them! :) I bet they just love you!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall