11.04.2008

November already?!? **EDITED**

So...I really don't like Halloween. I hate people in masks when I don't know who they are, it really creeps me out. The only good thing about Halloween is the CANDY!!! So, unlike everyone else, I have no Halloween pictures or pictures of me and greg dressed up, because, well, we didn't. Call us lame, but I just don't like the holiday! Lol...however...Christmas, I LOVE!!! So, let's take a transition from October 31 to November 2. You saw all our Halloween lights. Well, we took those down, and put these ones up! Yes, it is not even a week into November, but we can't leave our Halloween lights up!! Don't worry. We don't have our Christmas tree up yet...We're waiting until next week to do that! We have a lot of lights, but I really like them. I can't wait for it to snow, because the lights look 10 times better covered in snow!





Our red, white and blue lights showing our patriotism!! :)   (By the way, since when did blue become a Christmas color?! or purple for that matter!)
And the master of it all!! Love him!


In other news...
Volleyball is over! State was last week, and it was okay. We won our first game, and played really well. It was the first time in a while that Logan has won the first game at state. From there though, it just kinda went down hill. It was a little disappointing, but oh well. Nothing we can do about it now. I'm just proud of the girls and how well they've done this year. I didn't take many pictures, because I thought/think my camera is having problems focusing...and I didn't want to lose it, so I left it in my bag. This is the one picture I got...



Also, I am officially done with school at Bridgerland. YAY!!! I checked out and should be getting my certificate sometime soon. I am so glad to be done! Now I can focus the time I have on editing pictures and doing what I can to get my photog biz going. So...yeah...that's all the news there is here! Just wanted to share my Christmas pictures. There will be more, don't you worry!!

***EDITED TO ADD***
With today being the elections, I just wanted to share a story. When I was in 1st grade (1992) we were learning (as much as a 1st grader could) about the elections and politics. Clinton and Bush were running against each other. Clinton won that year, and I remember we had these little magazines that had some information about the candidates in it. Some of us drew mustaches and blacked out teeth on Clinton when we found out he won because we didn't want him to. (Because, you know, as a first grader you know all about politics and stuff like that!) Haha, that's really funny, I know, but Mrs. Dayton taught us something that day that I'll never forget. I don't remember her exact words, but she pretty much told us that we had no right to do that. Even though we "didn't like Clinton" he was our president, and we needed to respect him. I think this is particularly true in this election. There are so many people that HATE the other party, and there have been death threats against one side in particular. It doesn't matter if we like whoever our president is going to be or not, but we still need to show him respect. He is the president of our country, the least we could do is show him respect. Even if we don't like him. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. I word it better in my head, but I just wanted to share that little experience with everyone...Seriously, what 1st grader does that?! haha. I do know of a couple others with me, so none of my classmates can back out of this! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! lol....oh well..yeah..

in other news...we have a cat that camps out under our house and meows really loud...fun, huh?!

5 comments

Lindsay said...

YAY! I'm so excited that I'm not the only person already getting excited for Christmas! Everyone thinks I am crazy! I am listening to Christmas music and everything! Go Bre! That makes me so happy that you have started all the Christmas stuff too! :-)

Schwab Family said...

YEAH!!! i love that you are already decorated for christmas..i love it!! :) i was thinking about getting the christmas tree out..so you have inspired me and i think i am going to do it!! :) Merry Christmas!!! haha!

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

We haven't even made it past Thanksgiving yet and you already have your Christmas stuff up. I about died when i walked into Wal-Mart and they had Christmas music on already. I must admit I am a huge fan of Christmas also but my wonderful husband has set the rule that I can't decorate until Dec.1. Oh well. Looks great.

Shari Davis said...

You and Greg are such nerds!!!!! And I have to agree with you on that last "edited" part. Ben hasn't been too thrilled about a certain candidate winning, and I told him that he is or will be his new commander in chief (which is a bigger deal when you're in the military due to the fact that you HAVE to do what he says). Anyway, I got that from you and I appreciate you putting things into perspective. It's not going to be easy, but it's worth a try (giving Obama a chance). Love you and love your inspiration!!!!!!!

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Yay! You guys put up Santa! I was wondering if you would and I think he looks so cute!!! Well, you know how much I love Christmas, but Dad makes me wait til after Thanksgiving to decorate and listen to Christmas Music. (I do listen to Christmas music when noone is around!!!) Your comments about the election makes a lot of sense. We can only look ahead with optimism! Love ya lots and lots!!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall