11.17.2008

I just want to play my music... ***EDITED***

So, I found this fun tag on some random person's blog...(I'm telling you, I am the BIGGEST blog stalker!) But I thought it would be fun, and I like my readers to be interactive, so....be sure to guess...no matter who you are. Even if YOU are a blog stalker!

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 30 songs that play (no matter how embarrassing)
Step 3: Strike through the song when someone guesses the artist and song title correctly (Artist isn't necessary, but kudos if you know).
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or another search engine is CHEATING! However, if you think you know it, but can't remember the name, and you have it on your iTunes (music player) I will allow you to try and find it there...

I'm going to bold the ones that have already been correctly guessed, so don't guess those ones.

Also, there is a variety of songs...most of them are pop/alternative rock, but there are a few country (maybe one or two?) just so you know though...

**ALRIGHT, SO SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! YA'LL ARE SO BORING! :) ACTUALLY, I JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PATIENCE TO WAIT, SO....I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE SOME HINTS. THOUGH, I REALLY DON'T THINK ANYONE WILL GET THIS. THERE ARE LIKE 2 OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO I THINK WOULD GET THESE.....I HAVE A UNIQUE TASTE IN MUSIC APPARENTLY...BUT I WILL GIVE YOU HINTS ON THE ONES I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW.**

1. I'm the one, I'm the one who knows the dance. I Don't Have to Try - Avril Lavigne (Linds)
2. Circling your head, contemplating everything you ever said. Headstrong - Trapt (Linds)
3. I'm sick of being alone, when are you coming home (They were a big punk band a few years back..umm for anyone who remembers, the boys in my class did a lip-sync to a Christmas song they had)
4. Creo(?) Williams, lived down the dirt road, made homemade wine like nobody I'd known (Country song, it was on my wedding video)
5. Burn it down, til the embers smoke on the ground. Your Heart is an Empty Room - Death Cab for Cutie (Jackie)
6. Is this a dream, If it is, please don't wake me from this high. You Found Me - Kelly Clarkson (Linds)
7. Are we growing up, or just going down, it's just a matter of time until we're all found out (Three words in their name...very political group (as if that helps...) Boy is in their name)
8. Been running so long, I've nearly lost all track of time. In every direction, I couldn't see the warning signs. (it's an older song, it's on 13 going on 30)
9. Don't know, what I was looking for when I went home. I found me alone. Back Home - Yellowcard (Linds)
10. I learned how to write it, when I first started school. My Last Name - Dierks Bentley (Linds)
11. Can this be true, tell me can this be real? God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You - *NSYNC (Linds)
12. Feeling sorrow, for all the things you had to steal and borrow. (Had a hit that was always on the radio about abusive husbands)
13. I wanna love I wanna leave, I want you to love me, I want you to leave me. Keeper - Yellowcard (Linds)
14. I didn't want to listen, to what you were saying. I Learned From You - Miley & Billy Ray Cyrus (Linds
15. I'm back, back in town, and everything has changed. Shadows & Regrets - Yellowcard (Linds)
16. Met on a rainy evening in the summertime. On the Rocks - Sarah Barellis (sp?) (Linds)
17. Just cuz she dances go-go, it don't make her a hoe no (There is a bunch of talking before this, but this is where they actually start singing...haha, this reminds me of Tyson when he lived with us...) (I have nothing here. I thought everyone would know this..ask Tyson..he HAS to know!)
18. Softly we tremble tonight (#12)
19. All I am, all I'll be. Everything in this world, all that I'll ever need is in your eyes. I Do Cherish You - 98 Degrees (Linds)
20. You thought, we'd be fine. (Linds you have one of hers on yours)
21. Wandering the streets in a world underneath it all. (Brady used to play this song all the time on his guitar)
22. You're a song, written by the hands of God. Underneath Your Clothes - Shakira (Linds)
23. I heard that you've been asking bout me, at least that's the word out on the streets (umm...three words, one is a color, one is an item of clothing..)
24. Midnight bottle take me calmly through my memories, and everything will come back to me (#20)
25. This could be the song everyone relates to, another melody something we go through. Golden - New Found Glory (Linds)
26. It's a shame, that it had to be this way (Linds, I think you may have had one of their songs on your wedding video)
27. I'm taking my time, I'm trying to leave the memories of you behind (#3)
28. I once knew a girl, in the years of my youth. Someday You Will Be Loved - Death Cab For Cutie
29. They're gonna clean up your looks with all their lies and the books (It's about "teenagers"....)
30. I'm just so tired, won't you sing me to sleep and fly through my dreams so I can hitch a ride with you tonight. View From Heaven - Yellowcard (Linds)

Have fun guessing!!!

Oh, and I tag whoever wants to have this fun!

6 comments

Lindsay said...

I'm horrible at this Bre! But I think most of these are country aren't they?! lol at least they sound like it, and I only knew 3 of them! 2 of which were boy bands that I have every song memorized! :-) Anyway, I only knew 10, 11, and 19. 10-My Last Name by Dierks Bently (only country one I knew!) 11-God Must Have Spent, a Little More Time on You-NSYNC and 19-I Do Cherish You-98 Degrees. I know, I am pathetic! lol That was a fun post though! I might do it!

Lindsay said...

I showed Dev your list and he got a few more than I did! haha
1. Avril Lavigne-we don't know the title
2.Headstrong-Trapt
9.California-Yellowcard
30. View From Heaven-Yellowcard

:-)

Jill said...

Is #14 maroon 5, wake up call? This is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

bre said...

#14 is not maroon 5. I don't think I have any maroon 5....Most of these songs are not ones that you would hear on the radio...and about 99% are alternative rock/punk! :)

Matt and Jackie said...

BRE!!!
Is number 4 death cab for a cutie?

I am so happy you found my blog and now I can find yours! I love your pictures, they are beautiful.

Lindsay said...

Ok so I might be able to figure out the artists, but as for the actual song, no...haha
5. Death Cab For Cutie
6. Kelly Clarkson-You Found Me
13. Yellowcard
14. Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus
15. Yellowcard
16. Sara Bareilles
22. Shakira
25. New Found Glory
Yours are really hard Bre! haha But it was still a way fun post! I enjoyed it!

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall