2.27.2014

The Rest of February

February is almost over. Crazy! It's been an interesting month, but good all the same.

We had our enrichment/Relief Society activity on the 13th, and we played the "Not-so-Newlywed" game. We wanted to something on love, but be able to reach out to everyone, so we thought this would be fun. We invited the sisters to bring a loved one (spouse, friend, etc.) and we had a decent turnout. We got the questions from The Dating Divas, and then invited each of the Priesthood leaders and their wives to be on the panel. We even got our Stake President and his wife (they're in our ward). Then we had the 1st counselor in the bishopric, High Priest group leader, Elder's Quorum President, and the Young Men's president and each of their wives. There were some great laughs, and we ended the night with brownies and ice cream. It was loads of fun.


The next day was Valentine's day. We worked, then headed off to Star Valley so we could spend some time with Greg's sister Adrienne (who lives in Virginia) and her almost 2 year old (his birthday is today. Happy Birthday Jax!) It was a good day, and a good trip. There is a ton of snow, and was pretty cold. But it was fun to see family. We haven't seen Adrienne and Jax in about a year, and then Shaina and Jesse came up. We don't get to see them as much either since they moved to Bountiful area. Plus it was nice just to hang out.

My Valentine from Greg...I think he stole it from some kid at school.

Road trip food (Arby's), the fun bumpy bridge outside of Grace, raining almost the entire trip.

Road trip selfie!

Greg & Jax...I think Jax wore Greg out.




Greg's birthday was the 15th, and we just enjoyed a fun, relaxing day in Star Valley. He is 32 this year. I got him a few shirts, and some chocolates. Love him.

On Monday the 17th I got a text from Kennan letting me know that his last home basketball game was on Friday, and that if I wanted, they could come pick me up. Since I haven't seen Kennan play EVER, I thought it would be fun to go. It was fun, and Kennan did awesome. I can't wait to watch him again next year. Hopefully I can make it to more games.

Papa & Liam, Uncle Donald, they block off a section just for the Thompson family.

I can't believe he is already a junior! It is so crazy.

It's so crazy seeing all these kids. There was a section on the opposite with the little elementary kids, and I kept looking over there expecting to see Kennan. I can't believe it.

It was a fun game, and they came out on top. Good luck at regionals this week!

I stayed the night and was woken up early in the morning by a snow plow! It was not even snowing the day before, I was not expecting it. It was coming down pretty good when I finally got out of bed. I spent the morning with the family. Mom and Kandyce helped me make some pizza pockets, and then we watched Ender's Game (SO good! I really liked it.) It was a lot of fun, and good to spend time at home.
Dad doing the dishes, Liam being a stinker, and mom making the chicken pillows.

There are like a million cats, and all that snow came down that morning.


Liam being a bit dramatic.

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall