2.06.2014

When You Mock Me & My Boy Band...

...you better be ready for some revenge!

So, ever since I declared my obsesion with One Direction to my co-workers, one of them, Caleb, has mocked me relentlessly. Any time they are mentioned, Caleb goes off on how stupid they are, how bad they suck, etc. (And you'd have to know Caleb to truly understand...we think he likes to argue, just to argue! But we like him, so he sticks around)

Last Thursday, another co-worker Lee came up and asked me who sings "Story of my Life." I told him One Direction, and he didn't believe me. He said that it didn't sound like their normal boy-band stuff, but that he really liked the song and couldn't stop singing it. (Lee is a little more supportive of my obsession, and doesn't make fun of me near as much.) Well, Caleb heard us talking, as Lee was trying to figure out the style of music it sounded like, and Caleb said he could figure it out. However, when we told him who we were talking about, the mocking started. He again went off about how stupid they are and how he couldn't believe that Lee liked them, and blah, blah, blah.

Friday, I get to work, and Lee asks me if I'm friends with Caleb on facebook. I told him no and asked him why. Apparently Caleb admitted on facebook that he listened to "Story of my Life" and watched the music video, and he LIKED THEM BOTH! Oh my goodness, you have no idea how happy that made me. I knew I had to do something, and I only had two hours to get it done before Caleb got into work.It had to be good, and I was totally giddy for that whole two hours. Here is what I did...

Had to officially welcome him to the fan club!

Made his official Directioner ID



A perfectly legit use of company ink and paper, in my opinion!



This was my favorite part...I also stalked him on facebook so I could find a picture of him to print off and put on a heart so he could feel like part of the band.



It was awesome. As soon as he walked in he said, "Someone told Breanne." I tried to play it cool like I didn't know what he was talking about, but let's face it. This is way too awesome to not take credit for. He laughed about it though. Good times, good times.

Also, in case you wondered. "Story of my Life" is my most favorite music video of theirs. All the pictures....so beautiful! I even cried when I first saw it. Their new video, "Midnight Memories" is pretty funny too. I really enjoyed it. Thank you One Direction! Totes love them!

And PS. Shanna, 1D is way cooler than BSB, though Caleb has told me that BSB was the best concert he's ever been to. He hasn't been to a 1D concert apparently! :)

1 comment

Lindsay said...

haha this post cracked me up! It's funny because 1D is a seriously good boyband. I love their music! And Devin even loves it too. :) BUT, I don't know if they are better than BSB. I have been to 2 BSB concerts and both were seriously amazing. Both bands are awesome! ;)

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall