1.05.2014

Some December

December came and went super fast. I can't believe how that month seems to always just fly by. It was a good month though. We spent way too much money on Christmas this year, and ate way too much junk food. Now that January is  here, hopefully things will slow down a bit.

Work during December was quite interesting. I don't say a lot about the actual craziness that goes on there, but you have to know that it was getting pretty bad...in more ways than one. Then one of the full-time employees decided to quit which kind of shocked us all. We were already in the process of hiring someone to replace Lauren, who left about 3 months ago, so they just decided to hire two instead of one. Now you'd think that they would offer the part time employee that had been there for over 3 years the full-timers position, but instead they offered one of the new people full time, and didn't even mention it to the part timer. It was kind of an odd thing for them to do, in my opinion, and a bit frustrating. Therefore I'm still a part-time employee. I guess it's okay, but I do have my reasons for being angry, even if they were 'just looking out for me.' Anyway, so there was a week where there were just three tellers, and one of those days there were just two of us, and man alive was that a crazy day. Who the heck has to go to the bank two days before Christmas? We survived it though, we always do. It's what makes the Logan Branch so great. The full-timer starter last week, and the part-timer starts tomorrow. I'm not quite sure what we'll do with a full staff. Knowing our luck, it'll slow down tremendously, and we'll all be bored out of our minds. I do really love my job though. I've been blessed to have it and to continue to work there, and to be able to work with such great people. I'm excited for the changes that have come.

We had our work Christmas party towards the beginning of the month. We just had dinner at The Coppermill, then went to the Juanito Bandito Christmas play. It was interesting. Funny and a bit racist, but somewhat long. It was good to get out though. Always good to hang out with people from work not at work.
 
Kandyce and Clay are always so good to let me know when they're in town so they can come over and visit. I really appreciate it, because they always bring Liam, and let's face it, he's the cutest. But I do appreciate it when they come over and say hi.
 
 
We were a bit late getting it up, but we finally put our Christmas tree up like 10 days before Christmas. Since we got a new TV, we were waiting to get the new stand, and get it all set up, plus get the old TV out. We finally did it, and we did an awesome job decorating. There are a total of 10 ornaments on the tree. Okay, not our best decorating job, but we did it!
 
 
It really hasn't snowed a whole lot this year, but when we did finally get it, it was a pretty good amount. As much as my body hates cold, I love winter and snow. Just not on the roads where people can slip, or crash and die.
 
 
The weekend before Christmas, I was able to go spend some time with my side of the family. The Davies' Family Christmas party is always the Saturday before Christmas, so I was able to drive down with Kenz and Kyler who came to Logan to visit Kyler's brother. It has been a really long time since I've been to that Christmas party, so it was really great to see aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. All my siblings were there, even Brady and Ashbee who I didn't know were coming. We were just missing Greg and Ben, but it was a lot of fun. I had at least two aunts ask me who I was. Apparently I've lost about 30 pounds and I look a little different. It was actually kind of funny. They kept thinking I was McKenzie. I'll take it.
 

 
Back: Kyler, Brady, Kennan Clay, Kandyce, Mom, Dad & Liam
Front: McKenzie, Ashbee, Shari, Alex, Me, Mom, Lilli & Aidan
 
Then we headed back to Cokeville. We were lucky that the roads were so good still. That drive always scared me, winter or summer, but it's one of my faves. We stayed up for a little, then went to bed so we could get up for church the next day. We got up early and enjoyed Kenz playing with the dogs and Alex.
 



 
Church was good. I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while and talk to some friends. I had quite a few more people tell me they didn't recognize me....I'm not sure what it was. Oh well. It was still fun. Coming home Shari got the van stuck. This is something that has happened to just about everyone I know who has tried to come up to our house during winter. You'd just think someone who had lived there for 30+ years would be able to make it up there....jk Shar.
 
 
Back home while we were waiting for dinner, Aidan and I decided to color. He was the cutest. He told/showed me how to draw a city and spiderman. It was so fun. His creative mind just blew me away. When I drew spiderman though, he looked at it and said, "that doesn't look like spiderman." Apparently I'm not so skilled, but we still had a lot of fun.
 



 
After dinner we built gingerbread houses. Not gonna lie, I kind of sucked at it, so Aidan and I busted out our secret weapon...
 
...SPIDERMAN!!!
 
Liam was scared of Macey....she's a massive dog, I don't blame him, but he like Sid.
 
Then we got to go in and visit Grandma. I love visiting Grandma. I don't see her near enough. We also played a fun game of keepaway from Alex. Poor kid. Just didn't get it. Look at this train that Grandma made though. I always love her canvas projects, and I think this is my favorite. Grandma, if you're reading this, I know what you can make me for Christmas next year. I'll even buy the supplies. Also, Grandma, mom didn't tell me you wanted me to make you more ornaments until AFTER I visited, so I'm planning on making some for you.
 

 
And then guess who got stuck a second time in one day....
 
 
Good thing we've got Kyler.
 
Then when we got home, I had Liam open his Christmas present from Greg and I. It was a cute little piano with a microphone. He loved it. At one point Aidan was trying to push different buttons, and Liam got mad and would turn the piano over or push it away then turn away from Aidan. Little stinker. It was pretty funny.


 
And then came the real fun. So about sixteen years ago, we had this family portrait professionally taken. I don't even know how old I was, like 10-11?
 
 
Well, dad wanted to recreate this adorable photo, so therefore, I present...
 
Haven't changed a bit, have we?
 
After that we stayed up for a little longer just chatting. It was good to talk to the sibs and spend some time with the family. Unfortunately I had to work the next morning at nine, and since that was the day there was only going to be two of us, I had to be there. So mom and Shari got up bright and early with me to drive me back, and I was able to make it to work right on time. Thanks guys!
 
It was a great weekend, and really made me excited for Christmas.

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall