1.28.2014

A Simple Photo 3


 This one comes from about 16 years ago. This is the only "professional" family picture that we had taken of all of us. Isn't it awesome? Oh gosh, my hair, and my overalls! Wow. Not to mention Shari's bangs, and Kennan. Then there is McKenzie who informed me that the reason her hands are like that is because I kept smacking her hands down. Isn't it so funny? When I went home for Christmas, we visited Grandma, who is apparently the only one who has a copy of this photo. We sat around and just laughed at each other and how different we look. Dad has wanted to recreate this photo for some time now, so with us all being home for Christmas, we took advantage. Now keep in mind, none of us were prepared for this, and it was pretty late at night. The photo was about what we expected.



We haven't changed a bit, have we? We all had a good laugh at both photos. One thing that I am so grateful for now days is the ease of being able to take photos. I so wish that we had more photos like these from when we were all younger. We could have some really great laughs. I fully intend to take lots and lots of pictures of my family as they grown up, and want to take some form of  "professional" family photos at least once a year (or at least every few years) instead of waiting sixteen years, though we do have some family photos from weddings, though they aren't the same. I just think about what a treasure photos are. Without them, how else would we remember all these fun things, and recreate them?

No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall