3.30.2009

Happy Birthday(s)

Alright, before you get started on this MONSTROUS post...It's late, and so there are probly a THOUSAND grammar and english errors. Sorry. It totally bugs me when people don't use proper grammar, but I just get so excited and start typing that I don't pay attention!!! This is also REALLY LONG, so bare with me! THANKS!!

So, today (March 30) was Brady's birthday. It's crazy to think that he's 21 already (even more crazy to think about because I'm only 22..so it's almost as if he's only a year younger than me...) Anyway. It's just crazy how much time flies! It seems like just yesterday we were fighting like crazy on Sundays (I don't know why, but they were the worst!) Anyway...In dedication to him, I will tell you a few stories about him...hehe..

I don't know how many of you read Shari's blog, but she mentioned Kennan's birthday (BTW happy birthday to my other little brother a few days ago. I didn't forget, but I get to talk to him, so I didn't post about him...sorry bro. I love you though!:) and some of the things he liked. One of them was playing Power Rangers on the tramp...well, that was actually started my me, Brady and Trevor. Brady and I LOVED power rangers. It was the coolest thing. We'd watch it all the time! We even got action figures from McDonalds when we were at a volleyball tourney with Dad (when he coached at BL). We made up a game that we played on the tramp and called it Power Rangers. I don't remember all the details of how we played, but we were always fighting each other. I had a brilliant plan to give us each superpowers, and I ALAWYS chose invisibility. lol...Brady and Trev weren't always so happy about that, but I was kind of a brat..so I always got it. lol. we'd play for hours!! Oh boy. it was fun...It's kind of funny to think about all the things Brady put up with when it came to our grand ideas!

As I also mentioned earlier, Brady and I would fight a LOT! Well, it got so bad that Mom and Dad decided to put us in the same room with bunk beds. Man alive was that the dumbest idea ever! I think it made things worse...lol...One day we decided to split the room up. I slept on the top bunk, so he said that I could use the bottom two rungs of the ladder to get up to my bunk, and if I did, he would kick the crap out of me...haha, so of course I would do it on purpose to make him mad, then he would fight me...(geeze, do I make us sound evil?! we kind of were, but looking back it's kind of funny...) Needless to say, we didn't split the room up too much after that...lol

I got this old video camera that my uncle found at the dump..(haha) so Brady and I would like to make commercials. We went out to the swingset we had and used the swingset as "exercise" equipment. Brady was the actor, lol, and I really wish I had it to show you, but it was funny. One of the scenes he lifted up his shirt and stuck out his belly and said, "Do you look like this," then sucked in and said, "but wish you looked like this?" lol, then went on to sell the product...oh my heck. It was the funniest thing ever! I hope we still have that on camera! It's priceless. He would even do the whole "must be 18 or older to call"..lol, oh boy. It was great!

When we would have pancakes, waffles or french toast for breakfast, he would SMOTHER it in syrup, and always took way big (DISGUSTING) bites. There was definitely a lot of "Brady! Take smaller bites!!" coming from around the table. Lol, as he got older, I think he toned it down (or at least it didn't bother us(me) as much!)

When we were really little, Brady would chase us around the house with skewers (like the things you roast marshmallows on!) lol. It was really scary sometimes! We would either hide behind the couch or lock ourselves in the bathroom (this is me, Shari and Kandyce...I think Violet and Tami may have suffered through some of those times as well! lol) It was pretty scary...lol, and we tease him about it to this day! After a while we'd threaten him that we'd call Uncle Robert to come get him..for some reason he was scared of him!

This one we'll never let die either. Brady was kinda of a whiner when he was younger. He'd always complain about different injuries he had. Well, having a volleyball coach as a father we would practice our approaches and try to touch the ceiling fan, or even the ceiling. Someone put tape on the ceiling, and one day Brady did an approach to get it. When he landed he started yelling, "My foot! My foot!!!" All of us (including mom!) were just like, whatever, stop being a baby! This went on for a couple weeks....and well, come to find out, he had broken his foot.

Another time when we were young (sorry this is SO LONG! I keep thinking of things!) After church all the grandkids went to Grandma's house. One after another we went in the house, and slammed the door shut. Brady was the last one, and when he slammed the door shut, the window shattered. Lol, we were all so scared we hid upstairs until grandma came home, then blamed it on Brady...Poor kid. Grandma never had that door replaced (until she got her new house in!)

Brady is just an awesome brother. I love him so much, and though I regret being so mean to him when we were younger, I know I can't take it back, and I'll just try to be a better sister to him...We have become closer, and I think running track together really helped. We both ran distance, so we had 2 years of "hells" (hills), 80's, and the thousands of miles coach had us run...(haha...I would do it ALL over again if I had the chance!) So we were together quite a bit. Even though the boys always outran the girls, we still were a close group, and it was fun to have my little bro with me. He put up with a lot of my moodiness, which I really appreciate. He is such a nice, kind, loving person, positive, happy person and everyone I know just loves him. I'm sure he's an awesome missionary, and every email he sends home is upbeat and uplifting! I love him so much, and I'm so glad that I have him for my brother, and I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL HE GETS HOME FROM HIS MISSION!! I'm already planning on being the first one to hug him at the airport...(though I'm sure I'll be fighting mom, and the rest of the kids to do so!) Sorry this turned out to be so long. There are so many more stories, lol...so if I think of more I'll share! But I just want to say HAppy Birthday little bro,and I love you lots!

Here's us...before he went on his mission...so 2 years ago....


Also...(and I always thought this was the coolest thing when I was younger!) but it's also my friend Aubrey's birthday. So I want to tell you happy birthday. I love you lots, and thanks for being an awesome friend through the years! (even if you once told me and Tatum we were gay when we held hands when we were little!:) Just a little about Aubrey...she is one of the most talented singers I know. She has an amazing voice, and I was always jealous she was so good. She's also one of the happiest people. She took a lot of teasing, and she took it with a smile. One of my favorite things about her is she would just bust out in song at random times. Doesn't matter the situation...it would be like a musical when they just randomly sing things...but at least she was a good singer, so it's okay! :) But now she's a wife and mommy (still weird!) and I'm sure she's awesome at both. Buck and Mikayla are so lucky to have her! And I was definitely lucky to have her as a friend! Love you Aubs! Happy Birthday!!!

Here's us on senior sneak forever ago...(okay, only 5 years...but still!)

6 comments

Shari Davis said...

OMGosh! That was hilarious!!!! It really made me miss Brado! You guys really did have a close relationship and I think its awesome! I hope my boys turn out to be like Kennan and Brady! Man we've got awesome brothers! This post really made my day, so thanks!

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

Awe! That's so nice Bre. So I really want to try and get to Logan soon to see everyone. I know I've been saying that for months, but I seriously do. I want to like talk to Buck about it and like schedule it. Haha.

Bill & Ellen Thompson said...

Loved this post Bre! Dad and I wanted to do this for each of you, but you know how we procrastinate! So thanks for doing it for us, it brought back alot of great memories. It was also fun to read about Aubrey. I really believe she is a genuinely good person and deserves to be as happily married as she is. So if you read this Aubrey, Happy Birthday and this family thinks your awesome!!! :):)

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

that was a fun blog to read! I enjoyed it imagining locking myself in your bathroom hiding from your brother! I think I went to your brothers farewell..seems like forever ago!

Angie said...

Memories are always fun. Sounds like life at your house was just like everyone else's. Thanks for sharing.

Jason and Aubrey Boyer said...

hey let me know when you put the scrap page of mikayla up if you put it on your other blog or something.

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall