7.24.2016

Summer Work Party 2016

I have gone to the work party for the last few years, and it's always been somewhat fun, mostly because I was with my Logan co-workers. This year they were going to "Finding Dory" with dinner afterward. I didn't sign up to go, because it just didn't appeal to me. A few weeks prior to the event, I was talking with my co-worker Chandler about it. I told him I wasn't going to go, then he said that I could be his plus-one if I wanted. I figured, what the heck, plus, in years prior they have drawings, where I have earned some money. Can't say no to that.

The Saturday morning of, I was working with Kriss, when we both got this text from Chandler about where the movie was being watched.

Kriss and I both responded at the same time with, "Trashy is the new Classy." Did I mention that we were both wearing the same color tops? Yeah, awkward!

Chandler had already gone down to SLC, (hashtag worst date ever!), so I rode down with Kriss and our other co-worker Shannon. (It's important that I also mention that Steve was in the Caribbean on a cruise.)

We get there and get our tickets, and say hi to some of our other work peeps. Caleb was there with his wife, so I chatted with him for a bit. Seriously miss that kid. Chandler finally showed up so we went into the theater. I was quite shocked at how full it was, granted everyone had their 50 kids with them, so it filled up fast.

Chandler and I enjoyed making our own commentary throughout the previews. Then were a bit more quiet once the movie started. It was a really cute movie, but holy cow it dragged on FOREVER! There were bout 7 different times they could have ended it. I nearly shouted, "Just die already!" (Seinfield reference). Chandler called me heartless, but good heavens. It was really long. (Netflix and TV series have ruined me! 45 minutes is long enough.)

It was really cute though.


After the movie we headed upstairs where we enjoyed some catered Cafe Rio. We sat in the very corner to avoid having to associate with anyone, and so we could people watch. Our HR guys got up and introduced everyone. It's interesting being able to put faces with names and voices.


Once dinner was over, they did have a drawing, but it was for one movie package, and a bunch of Bee's tickets. Totally not worth it. But it was fun to talk with my Logan peeps and see Caleb and Britt. We also took some epic photos. (Kriss & I photo bombing this table. I was saying goodbye to Caleb (who's head is behind the flower)


 It was a good evening. It would be nice if they would do it in Logan in the future, though. The drive is not fun, but it was a night out, so I can't complain.

While I was gone, Greg texted me some photos of our Lily's. They are always so gorgeous! I love when they bloom, and love that we have a variety of colors.

More and more bloom every year. The yellow ones are the newest.



No comments

© GREG & BRE AULLMAN
Maira Gall